From: LSMFT on
When I click on an mp3 file Banshee starts and can't play the song.
I want mplayer to start and it does play the song.
How to make Mplayer the default player?

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.
From: Malcolm on
On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 23:15:17 -0400
LSMFT <boleyn7(a)aol.com> wrote:

> When I click on an mp3 file Banshee starts and can't play the song.
> I want mplayer to start and it does play the song.
> How to make Mplayer the default player?

Hi
Control Center -> Prefered Applications -> multimedia tab.

--
Cheers Malcolm ��� (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.32.12-0.7-default

From: Martin on
On 10/06/10 05:15, LSMFT wrote:
> When I click on an mp3 file Banshee starts and can't play the song.
> I want mplayer to start and it does play the song.
> How to make Mplayer the default player?

I have the same problem with .wmv files. I made Totem the default, but
still Banshee opens and fails to play. Worse still if I save the file
and then try to play via Totem that doesn't work either.
From: LSMFT on
Malcolm wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 23:15:17 -0400
> LSMFT<boleyn7(a)aol.com> wrote:
>
>> When I click on an mp3 file Banshee starts and can't play the song.
>> I want mplayer to start and it does play the song.
>> How to make Mplayer the default player?
>>

> Hi
> Control Center -> Prefered Applications -> multimedia tab.

Banshee still starts when clicking on an mp3 even though I put Gnome
mplayer as default. Maybe I have to uninstall Banshee.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.
From: LSMFT on
Martin wrote:
> On 10/06/10 05:15, LSMFT wrote:
>> When I click on an mp3 file Banshee starts and can't play the song.
>> I want mplayer to start and it does play the song.
>> How to make Mplayer the default player?
>
> I have the same problem with .wmv files. I made Totem the default, but
> still Banshee opens and fails to play. Worse still if I save the file
> and then try to play via Totem that doesn't work either.

Mplayer will play .wmv files.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.