From: WLS on
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:56:25 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

> WLS wrote:
>> On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 23:15:17 -0400, LSMFT wrote:
>>
>>> When I click on an mp3 file Banshee starts and can't play the song. I
>>> want mplayer to start and it does play the song. How to make Mplayer
>>> the default player?
>>
>> Find an mp3 file, right click on it, select Properties, select Open
>> With, select the application you want to use for mp3's. All mp3's
>> should open with that application after that.
>>
>> If Mplayer is not listed, you can add it.
>>

> Not the case. Even if mplayer is still open after a song has played,
> clicking on another mp3 caused banshee to open again. I have gnome
> mplayer as default in properties.

Worked like a charm for me. Totem was selected in my properties, changed
it to Songbird. Opened one in Banshee, played it for awhile, then just
clicked on it and it came up in Songbird.

Can't say about mplayer as I don't use it. Good Luck!

--
openSUSE 11.2x86_64 (Gnome 2.28.2) | AMD Athlon(tm) 64 3000+ | 2GB RAM
First  |  Prev  |