From: "Dave "Crash" Dummy" on
wolf_tracks(a)invalid.com wrote:
> On 8/10/2010 8:24 AM, Pegasus [MVP] wrote:
>>

>> <wolf_tracks(a)invalid.com> wrote in message

>>> OK, I used notepad to put the line of text above into a a vbs file,
>>> tryit.vbs. Clicking on it twice only brought it up in Notepad. What is
>>> watch wrap?
>>>

>> The wrap is that you put the code into a file called wolf.vbs.txt. Now
>> if you make it wolf.vbs then it will work.
> Clicking it twice does not work. Notepad comes up. I'm using Win7.

Actually, what I meant by "watch wrap" was beware of the newsreader
inserting a line break in the long link, but Pegasus' warning is good, too.

Ok, try this. Copy the text between the dash lines and save it as
"demo.hta," and see if that runs.
<script type="text/vbs">
document.writeLn "Hello, World!"
</script>

Another thing you can do is right click on a .vbs file, select
"Properties," and see what is specified to open the file.
--
Crash

Atheism is a matter of faith, too.
From: mbyerley on

"Dave "Crash" Dummy" <invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> wolf_tracks(a)invalid.com wrote:
>> On 8/10/2010 8:24 AM, Pegasus [MVP] wrote:
>>>

>>> <wolf_tracks(a)invalid.com> wrote in message

>>> The wrap is that you put the code into a file called wolf.vbs.txt. Now
>>> if you make it wolf.vbs then it will work.
>> Clicking it twice does not work. Notepad comes up. I'm using Win7.
>
> Actually, what I meant by "watch wrap" was beware of the newsreader
> inserting a line break in the long link, but Pegasus' warning is good,
> too.
>
> Ok, try this. Copy the text between the dash lines and save it as
> "demo.hta," and see if that runs.
> <script type="text/vbs">
> document.writeLn "Hello, World!"
> </script>
>
> Another thing you can do is right click on a .vbs file, select
> "Properties," and see what is specified to open the file.

Dave,
He is using notepad and when he saves, he is not selecting "All
Files(*.*)", so notepad appends a .TXT on the end of the filename, so when
he clicks on it it keeps opening notepad.

Thats why I hate "hide extensions of known filetypes" as the default setting
for file viewing.

From: wolf_tracks on
On 8/10/2010 10:07 AM, mbyerley wrote:
> "Dave "Crash" Dummy"<invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> wolf_tracks(a)invalid.com wrote:

>>> Clicking it twice does not work. Notepad comes up. I'm using Win7.
>>
>> Actually, what I meant by "watch wrap" was beware of the newsreader
>> inserting a line break in the long link, but Pegasus' warning is good,
>> too.
>>
>> Ok, try this. Copy the text between the dash lines and save it as
>> "demo.hta," and see if that runs.
>> <script type="text/vbs">
>> document.writeLn "Hello, World!"
>> </script>
>>
>> Another thing you can do is right click on a .vbs file, select
>> "Properties," and see what is specified to open the file.
>
> Dave,
> He is using notepad and when he saves, he is not selecting "All
> Files(*.*)", so notepad appends a .TXT on the end of the filename, so when
> he clicks on it it keeps opening notepad.
>
> Thats why I hate "hide extensions of known filetypes" as the default setting
> for file viewing.
>

>> Crash
>>
>> Atheism is a matter of faith, too.

I thought I made that clear there is no dangling .txt. The only suffix
is vbs.

Obz Site: 39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>

From: wolf_tracks on
On 8/10/2010 9:02 AM, Dave "Crash" Dummy wrote:
> wolf_tracks(a)invalid.com wrote:
>> On 8/10/2010 8:24 AM, Pegasus [MVP] wrote:
>>>

>>> <wolf_tracks(a)invalid.com> wrote in message

>>> The wrap is that you put the code into a file called wolf.vbs.txt. Now
>>> if you make it wolf.vbs then it will work.
>> Clicking it twice does not work. Notepad comes up. I'm using Win7.
>
> Actually, what I meant by "watch wrap" was beware of the newsreader
> inserting a line break in the long link, but Pegasus' warning is good, too.
>
> Ok, try this. Copy the text between the dash lines and save it as
> "demo.hta," and see if that runs.
> <script type="text/vbs">
> document.writeLn "Hello, World!"
> </script>
>
> Another thing you can do is right click on a .vbs file, select
> "Properties," and see what is specified to open the file.
Selecting Properties worked. A choice for MS script came up, and
selecting it produce a small window with "Hello World" in it.

There seem to be too many ways to start a script.

Any comments about the strange download of the tutor or intro file?

From: John John - MVP on
wolf_tracks(a)invalid.com wrote:

Re: Your tag line:

> Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
> over a lifetime:
> Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
> Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

I'm not saying coal is better (or worse) but, gee... them must be pretty
small railroad cars... A railroad car can carry about 240,000 pounds...

John