From: Pen on
On 2/3/2010 5:34 PM, Ben Myers wrote:
> Pen wrote:
>> I recently tried downloading some drivers from Dell's site
>> using Firefox 3.6, which they say is OK. Not Opera or
>> Safari, but I couldn't get it to work. I finally got my
>> drivers by using Internet Explorer. Is it me or is the site
>> messed up? Anyone else run into this?
>
> No real problems here downloading Dell drivers with Firefox... Ben Myers
Still doesn't like my Firefox 3.6. It also doesn't give me a
choice as it insists on Dell's download manager, which is
the root of my problem. I'm just going to use IE from now on.
From: Christopher Muto on
Pen wrote:
> On 2/3/2010 5:34 PM, Ben Myers wrote:
>> Pen wrote:
>>> I recently tried downloading some drivers from Dell's site
>>> using Firefox 3.6, which they say is OK. Not Opera or
>>> Safari, but I couldn't get it to work. I finally got my
>>> drivers by using Internet Explorer. Is it me or is the site
>>> messed up? Anyone else run into this?
>> No real problems here downloading Dell drivers with Firefox... Ben Myers
> Still doesn't like my Firefox 3.6. It also doesn't give me a
> choice as it insists on Dell's download manager, which is
> the root of my problem. I'm just going to use IE from now on.

for the dell download manager to work with firefox you need v2.01 or
higher plus you need .net 3.5 sp1 and .net assistant 1.1.
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/downloads/en/downloads_faq?c=us&l=en&s=gen
From: Pen on
On 2/3/2010 8:08 PM, Christopher Muto wrote:
> Pen wrote:
>>> No real problems here downloading Dell drivers with Firefox... Ben Myers
>> Still doesn't like my Firefox 3.6. It also doesn't give me a
>> choice as it insists on Dell's download manager, which is
>> the root of my problem. I'm just going to use IE from now on.
>
> for the dell download manager to work with firefox you need v2.01 or
> higher plus you need .net 3.5 sp1 and .net assistant 1.1.
> http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/downloads/en/downloads_faq?c=us&l=en&s=gen

Thank you, that did it. I had all of it except .net 1.1
From: JDa™© on
Pen, did transcribed the following::
> I recently tried downloading some drivers from Dell's site
> using Firefox 3.6, which they say is OK. Not Opera or
> Safari, but I couldn't get it to work. I finally got my
> drivers by using Internet Explorer. Is it me or is the site
> messed up? Anyone else run into this?

Pen, Have you loaded a third party Download manager plug-in?
If you have then it might be that plug-in.
JDa
From: Pen on
On 2/4/2010 10:43 AM, JDa™© wrote:
> Pen, did transcribed the following::
>> I recently tried downloading some drivers from Dell's site
>> using Firefox 3.6, which they say is OK. Not Opera or
>> Safari, but I couldn't get it to work. I finally got my
>> drivers by using Internet Explorer. Is it me or is the site
>> messed up? Anyone else run into this?
>>

> Pen, Have you loaded a third party Download manager plug-in?
> If you have then it might be that plug-in.
> JDa
No, see my post above. It was the lack of .net assistant 1.1
which was a real pain to install as in required 4 service
pack updates to various dot nets.