From: Ben Myers on
On 2/4/2010 11:47 AM, Pen wrote:
> On 2/4/2010 10:43 AM, JDa�� wrote:
>> Pen, did transcribed the following::
>>> I recently tried downloading some drivers from Dell's site
>>> using Firefox 3.6, which they say is OK. Not Opera or
>>> Safari, but I couldn't get it to work. I finally got my
>>> drivers by using Internet Explorer. Is it me or is the site
>>> messed up? Anyone else run into this?
>>>

>> Pen, Have you loaded a third party Download manager plug-in?
>> If you have then it might be that plug-in.
>> JDa
> No, see my post above. It was the lack of .net assistant 1.1
> which was a real pain to install as in required 4 service
> pack updates to various dot nets.

..NET really is another Microsoft fiasco. Somehow, they managed to make
some of the .NET versions incompatible with one another, so developers
are screwed, and people pretty much have to install all of them to make
sure that whatever .NET application they have will run. Maybe.

And I mentioned before the blatant misnaming of the collection, leading
one to believe that .NET is only for programs that run on networks.
Hardly the case, of course, as ATI's lamentable Catalyst control panel
shows us. Also, CDBurnerXP needs .NET 2.0.. Ben Myers
From: RnR on
On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 12:01:55 -0500, Ben Myers <ben_myers(a)charter.net>
wrote:

>On 2/4/2010 11:47 AM, Pen wrote:
>> On 2/4/2010 10:43 AM, JDa�� wrote:
>>> Pen, did transcribed the following::
>>>>

>>> Pen, Have you loaded a third party Download manager plug-in?
>>> If you have then it might be that plug-in.
>>> JDa
>> No, see my post above. It was the lack of .net assistant 1.1
>> which was a real pain to install as in required 4 service
>> pack updates to various dot nets.
>>

>.NET really is another Microsoft fiasco. Somehow, they managed to make
>some of the .NET versions incompatible with one another, so developers
>are screwed, and people pretty much have to install all of them to make
>sure that whatever .NET application they have will run. Maybe.
>
>And I mentioned before the blatant misnaming of the collection, leading
>one to believe that .NET is only for programs that run on networks.
>Hardly the case, of course, as ATI's lamentable Catalyst control panel
>shows us. Also, CDBurnerXP needs .NET 2.0.. Ben Myers

Just wait till you add TurboTax 2009 to this fiasco !! Google on it
and you'll see what I mean.
From: Cmplx80 on
RnR wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 12:01:55 -0500, Ben Myers <ben_myers(a)charter.net>
> wrote:

>>> No, see my post above. It was the lack of .net assistant 1.1
>>> which was a real pain to install as in required 4 service
>>> pack updates to various dot nets.
>>>
>> .NET really is another Microsoft fiasco. Somehow, they managed to make
>> some of the .NET versions incompatible with one another, so developers
>> are screwed, and people pretty much have to install all of them to make
>> sure that whatever .NET application they have will run. Maybe.
>>
>> And I mentioned before the blatant misnaming of the collection, leading
>> one to believe that .NET is only for programs that run on networks.
>> Hardly the case, of course, as ATI's lamentable Catalyst control panel
>> shows us. Also, CDBurnerXP needs .NET 2.0.. Ben Myers
>

> Just wait till you add TurboTax 2009 to this fiasco !! Google on it
> and you'll see what I mean.

Based on Intuit's "programming" abilities, I'm betting there's a
function in .NET called, "JackHandle" and they found a way to screw it up.

Frank