From: Mike Williams on
"Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcast.invalid> wrote in message

> Mike, If you want to have a real discussion, and not twist
> the intent and meaning of words - then I'm willing. But,
> until then, you will get no further reply from me.

[Translation] "Mike, I have given up. You [Mike] are right and I [Tom] am
wrong and I [Tom] want to close this thread instantly rather than admit to
my [Tom's] defeat" !

From: Tom Shelton on
Mike Williams formulated the question :
> "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcast.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> Mike, If you want to have a real discussion, and not twist
>> the intent and meaning of words - then I'm willing. But,
>> until then, you will get no further reply from me.
>
> [Translation] "Mike, I have given up. You [Mike] are right and I [Tom] am
> wrong and I [Tom] want to close this thread instantly rather than admit to my
> [Tom's] defeat" !

No, Mike. I just remembered an old saying about arguing with pigs...

--
Tom Shelton

From: Kevin Provance on

:
: No, Mike. I just remembered an old saying about arguing with pigs...
:

In your case, that would be arguing with one's self...and you know what they
say about lubbocks who do that.

From: Mike Williams on
"Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcast.invalid> wrote in message
>> Mike Williams said :
>> [Translation] "Mike, I have given up. You [Mike] are right
>> and I [Tom] am wrong and I [Tom] want to close this thread
>> instantly rather than admit to my [Tom's] defeat" !
>
> No, Mike. I just remembered an old saying about arguing with pigs...

Actually I'm not familiar with that saying, but then I've never argued with
a pig before, at least not until I met you ;-)

Mike

From: Mike Williams on
"Phill W." <p-.-a-.-w-a-r-d-@-o-p-e-n-.-a-c-.-u-k> wrote in message
>> "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcast.invalid> wrote in message
>> If you want to have a real discussion, and not twist the intent and
>> meaning of words - then I'm willing. But, until then, you will get no
>> further reply from me.
>
> <sigh type="contented" />
> It's /so/ nice to have the Old Gang all together again ... ;-)
> Now, where did I leave my flame-proof underwear?

It's good, isn't it. Just like the old times. Sadly, some of the regular
dotnet trolls have gone (Bill McCarthy and a few others . . . I think Bill
is having trouble inseminating his sheep at the moment . . . those
Australian sheep are very hardy can sometimes be very unaccommodating I
believe, something to do with rattling their dags?) but those dotnet trolls
who have disappeared have been replaced by some new dotnet trolls who are
just learning the business but who are in fact turning out to be almost as
entertaining, such as Tom Shelton, Cor Ligthert (although Cor has been a bit
quiet lately . . . I do hope he's not unwell), Senn (aka Tom the bank clerk,
who sadly seems to have disappeared since he was unmasked) and many others.
And, in the blue corner, there is my good self (as always), the indomitable
Ken Provence, your own good self of course, and many others. It looks as
though this is going to turn out be be a really entertaining group, almost
like the old days.

I do hope these new Tom Shelton, Cor Ligthert, Senn (aka Tom the bank clerk)
and other dotnet trolls keep contributing. They will be sadly missed if they
go :-) I do apologise by the way for any names I have missed, and I know
there are many others on both the red and the blue sides who really should
have deserved a mention, but I'm afraid it is quite late in the evening here
on the English side of the big pond at the moment and, sadly, I don't have
time to mention everyone. But, of course, you all know who you are :-)

Mike