From: Better Info on
On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 11:53:30 +0100, sauro <invalid(a)nospaml.com> wrote:

>On 22:43 8 Apr 2010, SMS wrote:
>
>> On 08/04/10 11:17 AM, sauro wrote:
>>> I want to get some SD memory cards for my point and shoot camera, for
>>> when my other SD cards got full when I was away from home.
>>> Additionally, I want a spare *Micro* SD card for my phone.
>>>
>>> Are Micro SD and SD cards identical except for size or are there
>>> significant differences?
>>>
>>> Am I more likely to hit problems like reliability if I use a Micro SD
>>> card inside an adaptor?
>>>
>>> Are Micro SD cards noticeably slower than SD cards of the same price?
>>
>> Yes, but it might not matter to you. Depends on what speeds your
>> camera is capable of, and if you're doing HD video on the camera.
>>
>> You can get MicroSD cards in class 6 and class 8, but they are a lot
>> more expensive than SD cards in class 6 and class 8.
>>
>> In some devices the faster cards do make a big difference, such as
>> many GPS units which are reading map data off the cards.
>>
>> I would use a Micro SD card in a camera with an adapter. It's another
>> point of failure and it's more expensive.
>
>Did you mean to say this ....
>
>"I would NOT use a Micro SD card in a camera with an adapter"

You'll need to ignore the SMS troll. It is well known that this cretin has
never owned a camera in its lifetime. I just parrots what it reads on the
net and from downloadable camera manuals, pretending to be a photographer
like some adventurous role-playing game.

From: David J Taylor on
> Interesting info especially about using adapters with MicroSD-HC cards
> permit the memory to work with non-SDHC devices.

Considering the source is a well-known troll I wouldn't trust that
information any further than I could spit it - at least not without a
/very/ thorough check first.

Hope that helps.

David