From: bitshifter on
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:39:35 -0800 (PST), NadCixelsyd
<nadcixelsyd(a)aol.com> wrote:

>I'm an old school QuickBasic programmer with hundreds of programs that
>will not work on my new 64-bit computer. In the past, I've used VB5
>only when QB won't do it (e.g. mouse support). Now I'm about to re-
>write my programs in VB before my old computer bytes the dust.
>
>Should I upgrade to VB6? Should I learn VB.NET? Where can I find VB6
>features not available in VB5? Googling, "VISUAL BASIC 5 6
>DIFFERENCES" didn't work.

VB6 permits setting and loading OCXes (usercontrols) at runtime where
VB5 did not, and not load as in add to an array of control.

We once upgraded from 5 to 6 for that reason only.
From: Alex Clark on
Merely an analogy, although a true one. Steam powered, and horse-drawn
carts still run on today's roads. They're just a little... outmoded, is
all. :-)

From: Ralph on

"Alex Clark" <quanta(a)noemail.noemail> wrote in message
> Merely an analogy, although a true one. Steam powered, and horse-drawn
> carts still run on today's roads. They're just a little... outmoded, is
> all. :-)

However, it might be of interest that in those areas of the US where both
are still operating, steam-powered tractors are banned from roads, while
horse-drawn vehicles are given special status. <g>

-ralph

From: MM on
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:51:58 -0600, "Ralph"
<nt_consulting64(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Alex Clark" <quanta(a)noemail.noemail> wrote in message
>> Merely an analogy, although a true one. Steam powered, and horse-drawn
>> carts still run on today's roads. They're just a little... outmoded, is
>> all. :-)
>>

>However, it might be of interest that in those areas of the US where both
>are still operating, steam-powered tractors are banned from roads, while
>horse-drawn vehicles are given special status. <g>

In England we don't allow either onto motorways, so the Amish would
have to take the scenic route.

MM
From: Ralph on

> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:51:58 -0600, "Ralph"
> <nt_consulting64(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >"Alex Clark" <quanta(a)noemail.noemail> wrote in message
> >> Merely an analogy, although a true one. Steam powered, and horse-drawn
> >> carts still run on today's roads. They're just a little... outmoded,
is
> >> all. :-)
> >>

> >However, it might be of interest that in those areas of the US where both
> >are still operating, steam-powered tractors are banned from roads, while
> >horse-drawn vehicles are given special status. <g>
>
> In England we don't allow either onto motorways, so the Amish would
> have to take the scenic route.

Just as well, since you all drive on the wrong side of the road. Would
confuse the horses as well as the Amish.

-ralph