From: whisky-dave on

"Toxic" <staring(a)my_hd.tv> wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:16:37 +0100, bugbear wrote:
>

>> But what's the cliche noise of a (esp) fashion photoshoot - motordrive.
>

> On my P&S I can enable an audio simulation of a motordrive if I want to
> be reminded of the relics of yesteryear, like getting a JC Whitney ooogah
> horn for the Lexus. Kind of kitschy but that's the way some folk roll.

I set my old canon S70 to sound like a photon torpedo firing,
but I got bored after half a dozen shotts so it went back to mute mode.

From: Val Hallah on
On Apr 23, 11:35 pm, RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd suggest the former.  Why?  Because using a large camera is a
> commitment, force of will is needed for some people and it usually
> translates into more carefully considered images.  P&S's and the new
> mirrorless things seem to encourage people to take a more
> lackadaisical attitude towards photography.  Case in point;http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=35127470

the same reason people stopped being farmers and took an office
job.....easier
From: PP on
On Apr 24, 7:35 am, RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd suggest the former.  Why?  Because using a large camera is a
> commitment, force of will is needed for some people and it usually
> translates into more carefully considered images.  P&S's and the new
> mirrorless things seem to encourage people to take a more
> lackadaisical attitude towards photography.  Case in point;http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=35127470

I've got a GF1, a 40D and a 5D mkII. I find using the LCD on the Lumix
to be the biggest psychological obstacle for me in getting good shots
(my definition, I'd accept that decent photogs thought I sucked
anyway :)

I just find it hard to get a connection with people when my eye isn't
jammed in a viewfinder.

--
http://www.PPphotoblog.com
From: Bruce on
On Mon, 3 May 2010 03:51:34 -0700 (PDT), PP <omytion(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Apr 24, 7:35=A0am, RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd suggest the former. =A0Why? =A0Because using a large camera is a
>> commitment, force of will is needed for some people and it usually
>> translates into more carefully considered images. =A0P&S's and the new
>> mirrorless things seem to encourage people to take a more
>> lackadaisical attitude towards photography. =A0Case in point;http://forum=
>s.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=3D1041&message=3D35127470
>

>I've got a GF1, a 40D and a 5D mkII. I find using the LCD on the Lumix
>to be the biggest psychological obstacle for me in getting good shots
>(my definition, I'd accept that decent photogs thought I sucked
>anyway :)
>
>I just find it hard to get a connection with people when my eye isn't
>jammed in a viewfinder.

If you didn't have a camera with a viewfinder, and used only cameras
with rear LCD screens, you would quickly learn to get good results
with it. It's only a struggle because you are used to reflex viewing.

From: John McWilliams on
Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 3 May 2010 03:51:34 -0700 (PDT), PP <omytion(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> I've got a GF1, a 40D and a 5D mkII. I find using the LCD on the Lumix
>> to be the biggest psychological obstacle for me in getting good shots
>> (my definition, I'd accept that decent photogs thought I sucked
>> anyway :)
>>
>> I just find it hard to get a connection with people when my eye isn't
>> jammed in a viewfinder.
>

> If you didn't have a camera with a viewfinder, and used only cameras
> with rear LCD screens, you would quickly learn to get good results
> with it. It's only a struggle because you are used to reflex viewing.

Yabbut you'd develop those zombie arms- you know, the folks walking
around with their arms fully extended with the compact at bay.....

But you'd still get the shutter lag.

--
John McWilliams
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last