From: RichA on
Canon. Will they release a compact non-mirrored, interchangeable lens
camera?
Nikon. Will they release a compact non-mirrored camera and/or an ,
high megapixel FF camera that doesn't cost $8000?
Olympus. Will they dump DSLRs?
Pentax. Will they release a FF camera, will they survive?
Sony. Will they release a non-boring entry level camera?
Fuji. Will they release a new pro DSLR or any interchangeable lens
camera?
Sigma. Does anyone care?
Samsung. Will they make a dent in 4/3rds sales?
From: Ray Shafranski on
"RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Canon. Will they release a compact non-mirrored, interchangeable lens
> camera?
> Nikon. Will they release a compact non-mirrored camera and/or an ,
> high megapixel FF camera that doesn't cost $8000?
> Olympus. Will they dump DSLRs?
> Pentax. Will they release a FF camera, will they survive?
> Sony. Will they release a non-boring entry level camera?
> Fuji. Will they release a new pro DSLR or any interchangeable lens
> camera?
> Sigma. Does anyone care?
> Samsung. Will they make a dent in 4/3rds sales?

The lifting mirror and the pentaprism/pentamirror are relics of film days
and should be replaced on all DSLR designs.

From: Kyle Abhams on
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:18:33 -0700, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net>
wrote:

>Kyle Abhams wrote:
>>
>> 16 to 28 milliseconds is hardly a shutter-lag making eternity.
>
>Bzzzzzzt.

Then I suggest you measure the 60-90 milliseconds that it takes your
archaic DSLR design to move its loudly slapping, image-jarring, humidity
condensing, and sight-obstructing (when lifted), mirror out of the way.

From: John McWilliams on
Kyle Abhams wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:18:33 -0700, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Kyle Abhams wrote:
>>> 16 to 28 milliseconds is hardly a shutter-lag making eternity.
>> Bzzzzzzt.
>
> Then I suggest you measure the 60-90 milliseconds that it takes your
> archaic DSLR design to move its loudly slapping, image-jarring, humidity
> condensing, and sight-obstructing (when lifted), mirror out of the way.

My mirrors are completely different from what you describe.

*How* did you measure said time on *your* dslr??

--
lsmft

Please BE SURE to capitalize IMPORTANT WORDS in case you think your
audience is NOT very bright, or you have a limited vocabulary.
From: Phil B. on
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:36:19 +0100, "11:11" <1112(a)1113.com> wrote:

>"RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Canon. Will they release a compact non-mirrored, interchangeable lens
>> camera?
>> Nikon. Will they release a compact non-mirrored camera and/or an ,
>> high megapixel FF camera that doesn't cost $8000?
>> Olympus. Will they dump DSLRs?
>> Pentax. Will they release a FF camera, will they survive?
>> Sony. Will they release a non-boring entry level camera?
>> Fuji. Will they release a new pro DSLR or any interchangeable lens
>> camera?
>> Sigma. Does anyone care?
>> Samsung. Will they make a dent in 4/3rds sales?
>

>I'm wondering when someone will bring out a large sensor p&s that takes
>photos when you actually press the button and maybe even a decent burst
>rate.

Do catch up with reality some day. Cameras like that have been out for many
years now. Most P&S cameras today have shutter-lags far less than any DSLR
made today. Shutter-lags on the order of 30-45ms. They don't have to waste
time lifting that loud slapping mirror out of the way. All DSLR shutter-lag
averages 60-130ms or more. Some P&S cameras even take continuous frames
held in the buffer and will let you keep several shots that were taken
before you even press the shutter. In order for you to get those images
where in the past you saw something happening, lifted the camera, and said
to yourself, "Damn, I just missed that shot". The camera has already been
taking them for you, then lets you select which one it was that you thought
you had missed and wanted.

Are you DSLR fools really this ignorant? No, don't bother answering that.
You prove it with every post that you make. Keep on living in last
century's technology. Ignorance is bliss after-all, isn't it.