From: hugocoolens on
On Dec 5, 6:31 pm, Will Kemp <w...(a)xxxx.swaggie.net> wrote:
> Ian wrote:
> > On 5 Dec, 14:06, "hugocool...(a)gmail.com" <hugocool...(a)gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Reading some reports concerning the Asus 901Go I decided to try to buy
> >> one. As I'm living in Belgium and being a Linux-fan I wanted the model
> >> with a Belgian Azerty keyboard and Linux pre-installed, in fact I also
> >> would like to have 2GB of RAM.
>
> > You may just have to put up with a non-Belgian keyboard. Would it hurt
> > so much?
>
> It would be silly if Belgian azerty keyboard models do actually exist.

(try one day when you are abroad to type something on a non-uk
keyboard layout and you'll understand why this is not so silly)
Eee-pcs with belgian azerty keyboards
do exist but then I have to buy one with windows XP on board and a
smaller SSD!
The point is some anti-linux forces are acting here
From: F8BOE on
hugocoolens(a)gmail.com wrote:

> Reading some reports concerning the Asus 901Go I decided to try to buy
> one. As I'm living in Belgium and being a Linux-fan I wanted the model
> with a Belgian Azerty keyboard and Linux pre-installed, in fact I also
blablabla
> Anybody here with further suggestions how to reach the ASUS-
> management?
> Hugo

But why do you want a bloody AZERTY keyboard? Take a german QWERTZ and
configure it to ch-fr and you'll be able to write ���� and ���� also.

Ciao @+
From: Szymon von Ulezalka on
> (try one day when you are abroad to type something on a non-uk
> keyboard layout and you'll understand why this is not so silly)
> Eee-pcs with belgian azerty keyboards
> do exist but then I have to buy one with windows XP on board and a
> smaller SSD!
> The point is some anti-linux forces are acting here

/me dislikes UK-qwerty keyboards.... standard, us-qwerty is much
easier. and works always, on every computer...
From: Ian Rawlings on
On 2008-12-06, Szymon von Ulezalka <atavus(a)interia.pl> wrote:

> /me dislikes UK-qwerty keyboards.... standard, us-qwerty is much
> easier. and works always, on every computer...

Even one set to an azerty keyboard layout?

http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/
From: Ian on
On 6 Dec, 08:56, "hugocool...(a)gmail.com" <hugocool...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

> (try one day when you are abroad to type something on a non-uk
> keyboard layout and you'll understand why this is not so silly)

I have a German keyboard as well as a UK one for my desktop, because I
do a fair bit of work in German. The minor inconvenience of a couple
of letters in relatively unafamiliar places is more than compensated
for by the ease of üsing äccented chäracterß. As far as I can see,
Belgian and French azerty only differ in placement of a few
punctuation marks - is that right?

> Eee-pcs with belgian azerty keyboards
> do exist but then I have to buy one with windows XP on board and a
> smaller SSD!

That does seem a little silly.

> The point is some anti-linux forces are acting here

It's odd, but I think more evidence is needed before you can adduce a
Horrible Nasty Conspiracy.

Ian