From: Will Kemp on
hugocoolens(a)gmail.com wrote:
> On Dec 5, 6:31 pm, Will Kemp <w...(a)xxxx.swaggie.net> wrote:
>> Ian wrote:
>>> You may just have to put up with a non-Belgian keyboard. Would it hurt
>>> so much?
>> It would be silly if Belgian azerty keyboard models do actually exist.
>>
> (try one day when you are abroad to type something on a non-uk
> keyboard layout and you'll understand why this is not so silly)

I have tried it. Visiting a friend in France several times, i've had to
use his azerty keyboard. And also once, as far as i remember, in
Croatia. It takes a bit of getting used to - although it wasn't too
hard, as i touch type and just changed the keyboard layout on my French
friend's Linux system. So long as i didn't look at the keys i was ok!

But i think you misread my comment. I was saying it would be silly to
have to put up with a non-Belgian azerty keyboard if it was possible to
get a Belgian one.

I believe the difference between the Belgian and French azerty keyboards
only lies in the punctuation keys - which are much easier to adjust
to. But it would still be silly to have to if it wasn't necessary.

> Eee-pcs with belgian azerty keyboards
> do exist but then I have to buy one with windows XP on board and a
> smaller SSD!
> The point is some anti-linux forces are acting here

Maybe.

--
http://NovemberEchoRomeoDelta.com
From: hugocoolens on
On Dec 5, 10:42 pm, Ian <ian.gro...(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 5 Dec, 17:31, Will Kemp <w...(a)xxxx.swaggie.net> wrote:
>
> > Ian wrote:
>
> > > You may just have to put up with a non-Belgian keyboard. Would it hurt
> > > so much?
>
> > It would be silly if Belgian azerty keyboard models do actually exist.
>
> I'd be quite surprised if they were made for such a tiny (southern
> half of Plucky Little Belgium only, I presume) market.
>
> Ian

the northern and southern part of Belgian share the same keyboard
layout (=belgian azerty)
From: hugocoolens on
On Dec 5, 10:02 pm, Craig Wallace <craigw84(a)fast_NOSPAM_mail.fm>
wrote:
> On 05/12/2008 17:05, Ian wrote:
>
> > On 5 Dec, 14:06, "hugocool...(a)gmail.com"<hugocool...(a)gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Reading some reports concerning theAsus901Go I decided to try to buy
> >> one. As I'm living in Belgium and being a Linux-fan I wanted the model
> >> with a Belgian Azerty keyboard and Linux pre-installed, in fact I also
> >> would like to have 2GB of RAM.
>
> > You may just have to put up with a non-Belgian keyboard. Would it hurt
> > so much?
>
> Or pull the keys off and rearrange them as needed?
> According to this page its quite easy to do that on the Eee PC:http://techreport.com/discussions.x/15893
>
> --
> Craig Wallacehttp://craig.neogeo.org.ukhttp://www.neogeo.org.uk

thanks for the link, I'll consider doing that