From: D. Stussy on
"John Navas" <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:48:46 -0700, in <i1qr4t$9kv$1(a)snarked.org>, "D.
> Stussy" <spam+newsgroups(a)bde-arc.ampr.org> wrote:
> >Wrong group. You should post to alt.online-service.verizon, not
> >alt.cellular.verizon.
>
> The most appropriate group is arguably comp.dcom.adsl,
> but alt.internet.wireless is certainly a reasonable choice.

Pay attention. I was only noting the inappropriateness of ONE of the
cross-posted groups.

From: John Navas on
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 19:51:05 -0700, in <i1r5qo$bv1$1(a)snarked.org>, "D.
Stussy" <spam+newsgroups(a)bde-arc.ampr.org> wrote:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:48:46 -0700, in <i1qr4t$9kv$1(a)snarked.org>, "D.
>> Stussy" <spam+newsgroups(a)bde-arc.ampr.org> wrote:
>> >Wrong group. You should post to alt.online-service.verizon, not
>> >alt.cellular.verizon.
>>
>> The most appropriate group is arguably comp.dcom.adsl,
>> but alt.internet.wireless is certainly a reasonable choice.
>
>Pay attention. I was only noting the inappropriateness of ONE of the
>cross-posted groups.

Chill out. Be more tolerant, more polite and clear in what you write.

--
John

"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea - massive,
difficult to redirect, awe inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind
boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." --Gene Spafford
From: alexd on
Meanwhile, at the alt.internet.wireless Job Justification Hearings, John
Navas chose the tried and tested strategy of:

> On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 19:51:05 -0700, in <i1r5qo$bv1$1(a)snarked.org>, "D.
> Stussy" <spam+newsgroups(a)bde-arc.ampr.org> wrote:

>>Pay attention. I was only noting the inappropriateness of ONE of the
>>cross-posted groups.
>
> Chill out. Be more tolerant, more polite and clear in what you write.

I can only assume you don't own a mirror.

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEsNpEaTm(a)ale.cx)
11:57:01 up 20 days, 23:25, 6 users, load average: 0.08, 0.06, 0.01

From: Judy Zappacosta on
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:39:46 -0400, terrable wrote:

> If Verizon is making you buy a DSL modem then just buy one on Ebay. There is
> a glut of Westell 327W DSL modems so you can buy one for less than $20.
> If you don't like Westell DSL modems, then look for an ActionTec.

Yes. Verizon is making me buy a "modem", either a wired one for about $35
(IIRC) or a modem with a wireless router for about $15 more ... so I went
with the modem with wireless router.

I didn't think to ask if it was mandatory that I get the modem from them.

Can someone concur whether it's mandatory that I buy the modem (in this
case, a modem plus wireless router) from them?
From: Judy Zappacosta on
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:39:46 -0400, terrable wrote:
>> If Verizon is making you buy a DSL modem then just buy one on Ebay. There is
>> a glut of Westell 327W DSL modems so you can buy one for less than $20.
>> If you don't like Westell DSL modems, then look for an ActionTec.

(Fixed the newsgroups to the recommended list.)

I didn't realize that we didn't have to buy the DSL modem from Verizon and
pay their setup fees. I never had DSL before because I was always more than
18,200 feet from their central office but now I moved to just over 13,000
feet so they said I was within range.

As suggested, I called them today at 877-896-3389 to ask the BRAND of
modem/router but they only have the automated system available on Sunday,
which told me the modem/wireless router already shipped, so I'll know soon
enough if it has 4 wired ports or just one or even none as the saleslady
told me (which I just can't believe).

I will call Verizon DSL tomorrow but can you give me some ammo.
Can I refuse the modem/wireless router they send me and just buy my own?