From: Dudley Hanks on

"Ted Banks" <email(a)email.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 04 May 2010 19:30:34 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
> <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:
>

>>Well, it's not exactly like there are a lot of experts anywhere who can
>>teach a blind person how to produce visual works of art. Are there?
>>(Google photography course for the blind and see what you come up with ...
>>not a lot of for hire instruction out there)
>
> There's a very good reason for that. Most of humanity is sane. Well, saner
> than you at least.

So, we shouldn't push the envelope? The disabled should be good little
charity recipients and be satisfied with sitting at home and watching, er,
listening to the soaps?

I think not...

Last time I checked, Canada, the States, Australia, etc were considered FREE
countries, meaning anybody is FREE to pursue their version of happiness.
And, anybody who is happy to help should be FREE to help.

Now, GR, perhaps you can tell me why it so antagonizes you that I choose to
pursue photography? After all, it's one of the few things in life that
actually poses a challenge to me. Why should that not intrigue me?

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Ted Banks on
On Tue, 04 May 2010 19:56:02 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
<dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:

>"Ted Banks" <email(a)email.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 04 May 2010 19:30:34 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
>> <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:
>>

>>>Well, it's not exactly like there are a lot of experts anywhere who can
>>>teach a blind person how to produce visual works of art. Are there?
>>>(Google photography course for the blind and see what you come up with ...
>>>not a lot of for hire instruction out there)
>>
>> There's a very good reason for that. Most of humanity is sane. Well, saner
>> than you at least.
>>
>So, we shouldn't push the envelope? The disabled should be good little
>charity recipients and be satisfied with sitting at home and watching, er,
>listening to the soaps?
>
>I think not...
>
>Last time I checked, Canada, the States, Australia, etc were considered FREE
>countries, meaning anybody is FREE to pursue their version of happiness.
>And, anybody who is happy to help should be FREE to help.
>
>Now, GR, perhaps you can tell me why it so antagonizes you that I choose to
>pursue photography? After all, it's one of the few things in life that
>actually poses a challenge to me. Why should that not intrigue me?

But it's NOT any kind of challenge for you, at all. It's a challenge for
everyone that you're trying to con into being your seeing-eye dogs for you.
You just randomly snap off crapshots with your auto-everything engaged and
then expect the whole world to pick out any that might be salvageable and
then tell you how to crop and compose it too--BECAUSE YOU CAN'T.

Hey, while you're at it, google for automobile driving-instructors for the
blind too! Why just stop at photography? How about piloting a plane? I'd
love to see your first solo landing.

GO FOR IT! Push that envelope!

Fool.

<insert appropriate eye-roll that's used when trying to explain something
to bona fide lunatics>
From: Robert Coe on
On Tue, 04 May 2010 00:31:35 GMT, "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca>
wrote:
: http://www.nothingnotpossible.com/cgi-bin/NotPossible/UnderConstruction
:
: Take Care,
: Dudley

Go with the last one of the four, but don't crop it at all on the right. The
way you've got it costs you too much of the car.

Bob
From: Ted Banks on
On Tue, 04 May 2010 21:00:55 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
<dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:

>If that were true, why is it that my "Traffic Check" shots of Mich always
>have Mich in the same framed location? If my shots truly were random, he'd
>be all over the place, I'd even be missing him completely more than I'd
>actually have the smallest corner of his ear in the shot.

WOW! What a challenge! I had NO idea you were this gifted to know where
your right and left hands are at the very same time!

AMAZING!!

From: Dudley Hanks on

"Robert Coe" <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote in message
> On Tue, 04 May 2010 00:31:35 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
> <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca>
> wrote:
> : http://www.nothingnotpossible.com/cgi-bin/NotPossible/UnderConstruction
> :
> : Take Care,
> : Dudley
>
> Go with the last one of the four, but don't crop it at all on the right.
> The
> way you've got it costs you too much of the car.
>
> Bob

Thanks, Bob, I didn't realize I'd chopped part of the car off in that one.
IrfanView lets me select a portion of the image by inputting numbers, but my
screen reader doesn't tell me what field name goes with what data field, so
I'm in the process of figuring out what happens when I punch in different
number combos.

I've redone it and uploaded one that should be a bit better. It's what I
was aiming for with that last one.

Take Care,
Dudley

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last