From: Paul Heslop on
Bowser wrote:

> On Tue, 18 May 2010 20:32:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Pentax_unveils_rainbow_DSLR_camera_news_297856.html
>
> If I had that cam when I shot these pics, nobody would have noticed:
>
> http://www.manzi.org/carnival/

but if you used it in legoland they would think you were trying to
steal an exhibit :O)
--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
From: DanP on
On 19 May, 04:32, RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Pentax_unveils_rainbow_DSLR...

Looks like is made of parts from the bin.
Andy Warhol fans will like it.

DanP
From: Peter on
"Bowser" <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote in message
> On Tue, 18 May 2010 20:32:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Pentax_unveils_rainbow_DSLR_camera_news_297856.html
>
> If I had that cam when I shot these pics, nobody would have noticed:
>
> http://www.manzi.org/carnival/

In P town few notice or care about anything.
Last year we had lunch in the Lobster Pot. the meal was OK but the place is
highly overrated. As a corollary it was also overpriced for what they gave
us. the service was mediocore.

--
Peter

From: Grimly Curmudgeon on
drugs began to take hold. I remember Paul Heslop
<paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk> saying something like:

>it's for Japan only, which means they believe that Japanese people
>will buy anything :O)

The Japanese market is full of stuff like that. Blinged-up gear that has
a short life, then is yesterday's fashion accessory. If Pentax see a
profitable way of shifting their cameras in their home market, best of
luck to them.
From: Rich on
On May 21, 7:24 pm, Grimly Curmudgeon <grimly4REM...(a)REMOVEgmail.com>
wrote:
> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
> drugs began to take hold. I remember Paul Heslop
> <paul.hes...(a)blueyonder.co.uk> saying something like:
>
> >it's for Japan only, which means they believe that Japanese people
> >will buy anything :O)
>
> The Japanese market is full of stuff like that. Blinged-up gear that has
> a short life, then is yesterday's fashion accessory. If Pentax see a
> profitable way of shifting their cameras in their home market, best of
> luck to them.

Their taste is like their taste in cars. Undergunned, with cheezy,
non-functional wings and scoops, covered with stickers that mean
nothing, etc.