From: Gary on
On 2010-05-14 08:05:11 -0400, "Andrew" <andrew(a)jkl.com> said:

> John Pollard wrote: .....
>
> I guess we'll never know if we helped the OP.

My apologies. You have helped me, and I neglected to resdpond. How rude!

From: Andrew on
Gary wrote:
> On 2010-05-14 08:05:11 -0400, "Andrew" <andrew(a)jkl.com> said:
>
>> John Pollard wrote: .....
>>
>> I guess we'll never know if we helped the OP.
>
> My apologies. You have helped me, and I neglected to resdpond. How
> rude!

No, not rude - there were a variety of replies, and I was hoping one or more
helped. When I asked the original question, I was inferring that perhaps
the money flow out of your investment account might not have been via a
transfer. That was the gist of Keith's reply. That the original income has
a category assigned but movement of the money to another account should have
been via a 'transfer' (ie: an account name in the field, not a category).

Thus, the income really would have been categorized ONCE despite it being
moved. Thus, not 'double counted'

And John explained how to avoid seeing these 'internal' transfers in his
append.

Was that indeed what was happening?
Regards -

- Andrew

From: Gary on
On 2010-05-14 19:43:14 -0400, "Andrew" <andrew(a)jkl.com> said:

> Gary wrote:
>> On 2010-05-14 08:05:11 -0400, "Andrew" <andrew(a)jkl.com> said:
>>
>>> John Pollard wrote: .....
>>>
>>> I guess we'll never know if we helped the OP.
>>
>> My apologies. You have helped me, and I neglected to resdpond. How
>> rude!
>
> No, not rude - there were a variety of replies, and I was hoping one or more
> helped. When I asked the original question, I was inferring that perhaps
> the money flow out of your investment account might not have been via a
> transfer. That was the gist of Keith's reply. That the original income has
> a category assigned but movement of the money to another account should have
> been via a 'transfer' (ie: an account name in the field, not a category).
>
> Thus, the income really would have been categorized ONCE despite it being
> moved. Thus, not 'double counted'
>
> And John explained how to avoid seeing these 'internal' transfers in his
> append.
>
> Was that indeed what was happening?

Perhaps you didn't understand my remark. I felt it was rude of me to
not reply to e veryone trying to help me.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: How to "link" two transactions
Next: Missing Security