From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Tim Perry" <timperry(a)donespameroadrunner.com> wrote in message

>> I was thinking another Beta 58a would make sense. As with two similar
>> mikes I would have less variables to deal with. I also wouldn't have
>> people stating their preference for one mike vs the other.
>>
>> Still not sure what to do for an instrument mike that would see
>> occasional vocal use. Might buy the Shure Beta 57. Guy at GC spoke
>> highly of the Audix i5.
>>
>> Danielle
>>

> As a former i5 owner: its a terrible vocal mic. First one I bought was so
> bad I though it was broken and exchanged it with the same result. It did
> fairly well on loud guitar cabinets.

The beta 57 is a excellent all around mic, I can't think of a mic I like on
more diffrent instruments AND vocals than the beta 57
George

From: DanielleOM on

"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Tim Perry" <timperry(a)donespameroadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> >
>>> I was thinking another Beta 58a would make sense. As with two similar
>>> mikes I would have less variables to deal with. I also wouldn't have
>>> people stating their preference for one mike vs the other.
>>>
>>> Still not sure what to do for an instrument mike that would see
>>> occasional vocal use. Might buy the Shure Beta 57. Guy at GC spoke
>>> highly of the Audix i5.
>>>
>>> Danielle
>>>

>> As a former i5 owner: its a terrible vocal mic. First one I bought was so
>> bad I though it was broken and exchanged it with the same result. It did
>> fairly well on loud guitar cabinets.
>>

> The beta 57 is a excellent all around mic, I can't think of a mic I like
> on more diffrent instruments AND vocals than the beta 57
> George

Thanks George

The Beta 57 was one I was thinking of. I have friend that has one and likes
it.

Danielle

From: Tim Perry on

> Thanks George
>
> The Beta 57 was one I was thinking of. I have friend that has one and
> likes it.
>
> Danielle

You might also consider the Samson Q7. Supercard pattern and good sound at
about half the price.

From: DanielleOM on

>> Thanks George
>>
>> The Beta 57 was one I was thinking of. I have friend that has one and
>> likes it.
>>
>> Danielle
>>

> You might also consider the Samson Q7. Supercard pattern and good sound
> at about half the price.

Tim

Thanks for the suggestion. I already bought the Shure beta 57a. Last night
it was only used for instrumentals.

Danielle

From: Kevin T on
On May 11, 1:49 pm, "DanielleOM" <daniell...(a)reply.to.group.com>
wrote:
> "Tim Perry" <timpe...(a)donespameroadrunner.com> wrote in message

> >> Thanks George
>
> >> The Beta 57 was one I was thinking of.  I have friend that has one and
> >> likes it.
>
> >> Danielle
>
> > You might also consider the Samson Q7.  Supercard pattern and good sound
> > at about half the price.
>
> Tim
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I already bought the Shure beta 57a.  Last night
> it was only used for instrumentals.
>
> Danielle

Don't shoot me please but I was given a thee pack of Berhinger xm8500
that have become my go to indestructable / disposable sm58 clone mic .
But Id say if $ is not the issue the Beta 57 ( not 58) would be a
great all around mic I have had make some vocalists smile.

Kevin T
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: D6 problems
Next: Silent cable connectors. Cable sources