From: bugbear on
Robert Spanjaard wrote:
> Spent two evenings in the polder on my bicycle (you're not allowed to
> stop a car wherever you want) this week, and this is the result:
>
> http://www.arumes.com/temp/polder/

I really like the backlit greenhouse shot (number 5)
The rest are a bit "nice view, take a photo" for
my liking.

I like 4 least, which is "look at my bokeh".

BugBear
From: Neil Harrington on

"Robert Coe" <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote in message

[ . . . ]

> 3. This one is compositionally excellent, but something seems amiss in
> the
> perspective of the house, probably due to wide-angle effect. I'm tempted
> suggest a half degree of clockwise rotation, but that would probably throw
> off
> the reflection of the tree behind the bridge. Maybe you can't have it both
> ways.

I don't think it's "wide-angle effect" (I don't see any of that). The house
does seem to be tilted very, very slightly counterclockwise in the photo,
but I suspect it really is tilted that way -- look at the reflection of its
verticals in the water and they do not seem quite parallel to their
originals in the house. Since the water itself must be level this implies a
slight tilt to the house.

It's a really lovely scene. The small boats, water and bridge make the
picture. Looks like the sort of quiet, peaceful place one would enjoy
spending a good deal of time, and having the photo is the next best thing.

From: Robert Spanjaard on
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:53:10 -0400, Mort wrote:

> Robert Spanjaard wrote:
>> Spent two evenings in the polder on my bicycle (you're not allowed to
>> stop a car wherever you want) this week, and this is the result:
>>
>> http://www.arumes.com/temp/polder/
>
> Nice polder pictures. Which polder was it?

Heerhugowaard, north-east of Alkmaar.

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
From: bugbear on
Robert Spanjaard wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:53:10 -0400, Mort wrote:
>
>> Nice polder pictures. Which polder was it?
>
>... north-east of Alkmaar.

That's from a Terry Pratchet book, surely?

BugBear

p.s. answering "Mort" - even better!
From: Robert Spanjaard on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:00:14 +0100, bugbear wrote:

> Robert Spanjaard wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:53:10 -0400, Mort wrote:
>>
>>> Nice polder pictures. Which polder was it?
>>
>>... north-east of Alkmaar.
>
> That's from a Terry Pratchet book, surely?

Discworld is still on my to-do list, so I don't have a clue.

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com