From: George's Pro Sound Co. on
So when I was all digital I sold off all my good outboard, using the
excellent on board effects in the ls9
npow moving back into the Ramsa Sx-1 I need to rebuild my outboard
I am happy with the composer pros for my comps and picked up 16 channels for
25$ a channel off flea bay but the effects units to buy I am not so sure of
I have always liked lexicons, I find thier interface as simple as they get ,
easy to learn and super flexible, as well as excellent sounding and am
tempted to get a pcm80/90 , but do I need to spend that much to get a pro
level unit
is the spx 990/1000 perfectly acceptable, TC d-2? I can buy both of those
for less than 1/2 of the cost of one Lexi
so visiting engineer what do you like to see in the effects units you have
to use
I rarely mix anymore so I don't really care what I buy, it will be handed
over to the engineer on duty for the day anyway
George

From: Bob Howes on

"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> So when I was all digital I sold off all my good outboard, using the
> excellent on board effects in the ls9
> npow moving back into the Ramsa Sx-1 I need to rebuild my outboard
> I am happy with the composer pros for my comps and picked up 16 channels
> for 25$ a channel off flea bay but the effects units to buy I am not so
> sure of
> I have always liked lexicons, I find thier interface as simple as they get
> , easy to learn and super flexible, as well as excellent sounding and am
> tempted to get a pcm80/90 , but do I need to spend that much to get a pro
> level unit
> is the spx 990/1000 perfectly acceptable, TC d-2? I can buy both of those
> for less than 1/2 of the cost of one Lexi
> so visiting engineer what do you like to see in the effects units you have
> to use
> I rarely mix anymore so I don't really care what I buy, it will be handed
> over to the engineer on duty for the day anyway
> George

Well, just speaking for myself, I'd be perfectly happy with either the SPX
or TC effects units but have a slight preference for the Yamaha stuff (but
that mainly stems from familiarity.

In terms of sound, both are fine--actually the in-built effects in the LS9
are based on the Yamaha SPX/REV-X engine and sound pretty similar to my
ears.

Bob

From: Steve M on
"Bob Howes" wrote:
> Well, just speaking for myself, I'd be perfectly happy with either the SPX
> or TC effects units but have a slight preference for the Yamaha stuff (but
> that mainly stems from familiarity.

I'll second all of the above.

--
Steve McQ

From: Phildo on

"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> So when I was all digital I sold off all my good outboard, using the
> excellent on board effects in the ls9
> npow moving back into the Ramsa Sx-1 I need to rebuild my outboard
> I am happy with the composer pros for my comps and picked up 16 channels
> for 25$ a channel off flea bay but the effects units to buy I am not so
> sure of
> I have always liked lexicons, I find thier interface as simple as they get
> , easy to learn and super flexible, as well as excellent sounding and am
> tempted to get a pcm80/90 , but do I need to spend that much to get a pro
> level unit
> is the spx 990/1000 perfectly acceptable, TC d-2? I can buy both of those
> for less than 1/2 of the cost of one Lexi
> so visiting engineer what do you like to see in the effects units you have
> to use
> I rarely mix anymore so I don't really care what I buy, it will be handed
> over to the engineer on duty for the day anyway

I always carry a TC D-two, maybe an M-One although I've been making do with
a Behringer V-VERB2496 and a TC M350. I usually carry a subharmonic synth
but I doubt you would find much use for one of those George.

Remember you will need to get EQ now as well. DEQ2496 is the only way to go.

Phildo

From: Sean Conolly on
"Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message
> Remember you will need to get EQ now as well. DEQ2496 is the only way to
> go.

I swear that thing saves my bacon at every gig. I'm running a dirt cheap rig
for drum amplification (drums usually are not in the mains), the DEQ lets me
dial in a damn good sound in every room. Without it my rig would sound like
a pile o' poo.

Sean

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3