From: VanguardLH on
David Kaye wrote:

> Leythos wrote:
>
>> Well, it's the end of the day on 6/1 and this group is still here.
>
> Oh, was this the day it was supposed to be removed? Gosh, the world
> didn't end after all.

You are posting using Eternal-September who has already declared that
they will NOT be dropping the microsoft.public.* newsgroups. They don't
care about some self-appointed rogue spewing out 'rmgroup' control
messages (and I haven't heard that anyone official rep from Microsoft is
doing this).
From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"VanguardLH" <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in message
> David Kaye wrote:
>
>> Leythos wrote:
>>
>>> Well, it's the end of the day on 6/1 and this group is still here.
>>
>> Oh, was this the day it was supposed to be removed? Gosh, the world
>> didn't end after all.
>
> You are posting using Eternal-September who has already declared that
> they will NOT be dropping the microsoft.public.* newsgroups. They
> don't
> care about some self-appointed rogue spewing out 'rmgroup' control
> messages (and I haven't heard that anyone official rep from Microsoft
> is
> doing this).

Still posting through their servers here.

From: Geoff on
On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 09:37:57 -0400, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
wrote:

>In article <0ukc0659bc6r5gcba6oi2uc8rgn1c64j3s(a)4ax.com>,
>geoff(a)invalid.invalid says...
>> This morning, the count is 1742.
>>

>Since most technical people, at least those that have a clue, don't use
>the direct MS servers, it doesn't really matter what MS does on their
>own servers.

Agreed, I am merely citing a statistic as I find it. Sort of like
watching a balloon deflate. As I post this the count is 1606 groups
remaining.
From: Leythos on
In article <a3nd06pi70bsb710afhftfhgo7e9dq0e5f(a)4ax.com>,
geoff(a)invalid.invalid says...

> On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 09:37:57 -0400, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <0ukc0659bc6r5gcba6oi2uc8rgn1c64j3s(a)4ax.com>,
> >geoff(a)invalid.invalid says...
> >> This morning, the count is 1742.
> >>

> >Since most technical people, at least those that have a clue, don't use
> >the direct MS servers, it doesn't really matter what MS does on their
> >own servers.
>
> Agreed, I am merely citing a statistic as I find it. Sort of like
> watching a balloon deflate. As I post this the count is 1606 groups
> remaining.

My provider shows 1919 microsoft.public groups, same as before, same as
last week....

Your observation is flawed, depending on what you're trying to say to
the Usenet community.

Trust yourself.
From: Geoff on
On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:12:51 -0400, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
wrote:

>Your observation is flawed, depending on what you're trying to say to
>the Usenet community.

My observation is not flawed. It's an observation. Your conclusion
about its meaning is flawed.

The Microsoft server is losing groups per their policy of deleting the
least active groups first. It is abundantly clear that the servers on
the rest of Usenet are not following the policy, per the arguments and
predictions presented previously.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Trojan