From: Neil Turkenkopf on

"John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
| Neil Turkenkopf wrote:
| > "John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
Epson
| > at

| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Having plugged and wiggled extensively before I posted, I am convinced
| > | this is internal, though I haven't yet broken out the phillips head. I
| > | was hoping someone might have direct experience.
|
| > Sorry if this seems silly, but a similar thing happened to me once after
| > power outage.
| > After trying many things, I finally tried pushing the power button and
| > *holding it down* for a few seconds... eureka!
| >
| > Hope this helps!
|
| Thanks, Neil, but I've held down for various lengths of times, pushed
| extra firmly others, held down in combo with other, but I am sure now
| it's the power supply itself, and so I need to decide if I go inside, or
| send it to the recycle bin.
|
| --
| John McWilliams

Arghh, ok John! I was really hoping that would do it... oh well, I tried!
<g>

Neil :-)

From: Al on
On Jan 6, 9:54 am, "Neil Turkenkopf" <NeilTurkenk...(a)verizon.net>
wrote:
> "John McWilliams" <jp...(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>
> news:hi116q$ciq$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...| Al wrote:

> at

> | > When you say it won't power up, I assume you mean that there is not
> | > indication of power getting to the printer at all (no lights or noise
> | > of any kind). Check the outlet to make sure power it there. Wiggle the
> | > cord at the socket end and the printer end as those are the most
> | > likely places for a broken internal cord connection. If all that
> | > checks out then the problem is likely the power supply inside the
> | > printer. Some have fuses and some fuses are soldered into the board.
> | > If you are not into this stuff beyond this point, go shopping.
> |
> | Having plugged and wiggled extensively before I posted, I am convinced
> | this is internal, though I haven't yet broken out the phillips head. I
> | was hoping someone might have direct experience.
> |
> | --
> | john mcwilliams
>
> Sorry if this seems silly, but a similar thing happened to me once after a
> power outage.
> After trying many things, I finally tried pushing the power button and
> *holding it down* for a few seconds... eureka!
>
> Hope this helps!
> Neil :-)

Apropos of nothing I guess, but decades ago when the first microwaves
came out, I had one that would turn on and not heat. They were heavy
and I dropped it on the way to my workbench. At first I thought, "Who
wants to try using this thing now anyway?" I tried it out and the dam
thing heated properly. I had to go into it just to determine what had
corrected itself. It was a corroded connection on a secondary
terminal. The bottom line is that a lot of problems can be simple, but
finding them can be difficult and sometimes accidental. I have never
used this technique on a printer.
From: Neil Turkenkopf on

"Al" <albundy2(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message
| On Jan 6, 9:54 am, "Neil Turkenkopf" <NeilTurkenk...(a)verizon.net>
| wrote:

Epson
| > at

| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Having plugged and wiggled extensively before I posted, I am convinced
| > | this is internal, though I haven't yet broken out the phillips head. I
| > | was hoping someone might have direct experience.
| > |
| > | --
| > | john mcwilliams
| >
| > Sorry if this seems silly, but a similar thing happened to me once after
| > power outage.
| > After trying many things, I finally tried pushing the power button and
| > *holding it down* for a few seconds... eureka!
| >
| > Hope this helps!
| > Neil :-)
|
| Apropos of nothing I guess, but decades ago when the first microwaves
| came out, I had one that would turn on and not heat. They were heavy
| and I dropped it on the way to my workbench. At first I thought, "Who
| wants to try using this thing now anyway?" I tried it out and the dam
| thing heated properly. I had to go into it just to determine what had
| corrected itself. It was a corroded connection on a secondary
| terminal. The bottom line is that a lot of problems can be simple, but
| finding them can be difficult and sometimes accidental. I have never
| used this technique on a printer.

That's not a bad idea at all, maybe John could accidentally drop his R-300
and it will start working again! <g>
--
Neil ��D