From: Echo S on
I wasn't clear -- I meant, if you put the CD in once and let it find the
CAB, does it stop the error message?

I'd try Bob's suggestion, though.

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

"Esky" <Esky(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes & no.....yes, the error does not appear. No because the wife
complains
> she does not want to load the CD each time she starts an Office app. And
> there is no way she is getting admin rights where she can cause more
trouble
> and I'll just get more nagging.
>
> "Echo S" wrote:
>
> > LOL! I'm sorry, I don't really know the answer to your problem, but your
> > plea did make me chuckle.
> >
> > If you put the Office install CDs in and let the installer find the CAB
> > file, does that resolve the problem?
> >
> > --
> > Echo [MS PPT MVP]
> > http://www.echosvoice.com
> >

> > "Esky" <Esky(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Just posting again to see if anyone can help. My user is my wife so
> > please
> > > help me soon, I can't take much more nagging.

> > wait
This

From: Esky on
THANKS Echo. That worked. However, I don't understand why. WHat was it
trying to install for a user?

From: Echo S on
I have no idea. Something in that particular CAB file, though!

So, temporarily setting the account to admin and letting the installer do
its thing worked? (Thumbs up, Bob I!)

From: Bob I on
Occasionally "users" don't have rights to the directory the
installing/setup wants to write to and then things don't go smoothly.
Logging on as an "Admin" circumvents the problem.

Echo S wrote:

> I have no idea. Something in that particular CAB file, though!
>
> So, temporarily setting the account to admin and letting the installer do
> its thing worked? (Thumbs up, Bob I!)

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Error 1311