From: Esky on
Administrator of a XP Pro PC can start MS Office 2003 with no problems.
However, if a user on the same PC tries to start an app they get "Please wait
while Windows configures Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003" shortly
followed by "Error 1309. Eror reading from file:D\PA561401.CAB." This
happens a few times before the app actually launches then works normally.

The PC is new which came pre-installed with XP Pro SP2. MS Office has SP1
applied. D drive is the DVD drive. User has no other problems with the
other apps.
From: Esky on
Just posting again to see if anyone can help. My user is my wife so please
help me soon, I can't take much more nagging.

From: Echo S on
LOL! I'm sorry, I don't really know the answer to your problem, but your
plea did make me chuckle.

If you put the Office install CDs in and let the installer find the CAB
file, does that resolve the problem?

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

From: Esky on
Yes & no.....yes, the error does not appear. No because the wife complains
she does not want to load the CD each time she starts an Office app. And
there is no way she is getting admin rights where she can cause more trouble
and I'll just get more nagging.

From: Bob I on
Perhaps if you would set Admin on the account, log on, install and make
sure it's working, log off, return the account to the original settings.
You would solve the issue.

Esky wrote:

> Yes & no.....yes, the error does not appear. No because the wife complains
> she does not want to load the CD each time she starts an Office app. And
> there is no way she is getting admin rights where she can cause more trouble
> and I'll just get more nagging.
>
> "Echo S" wrote:
>

>>LOL! I'm sorry, I don't really know the answer to your problem, but your
>>plea did make me chuckle.
>>
>>If you put the Office install CDs in and let the installer find the CAB
>>file, does that resolve the problem?
>>
>>--
>>Echo [MS PPT MVP]
>>http://www.echosvoice.com
>>

>>"Esky" <Esky(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Just posting again to see if anyone can help. My user is my wife so
>>
>>please
>>
>>>help me soon, I can't take much more nagging.

>>wait

>>normally.

>>SP1

>>the