From: Chantal V on
I have received the following error and do not know how to correct it. Can
anyone help?
Error 1904.Module
c:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash8b.ocx
failed to register.
HRESULT - 2147220473

Thanks
--
C V
From: Mark L. Ferguson on
You register an OCX (activeX component) with the command

regsvr32 flash8b.ocx

You get a succeeded message, or not. Macromedia flash player is available
from http://macromedia.com. Dowloading it again may solve your 'register
server' problem with that file.
--
Was this post helpful to you? Voting helps others who use the web interface.
Mark L. Ferguson

From: Chantal V on
Deleted activeX and re-installed from suggested site. Still getting same
message. Also tried uninstalling program trying to run activeX and
reinstalling it. Same message.
Any other suggestions?

--
C V

From: Mark L. Ferguson on
The failure to 'register' might be a Permissions issue with the registry
itself. When you highlight any Key in Regsvr32.exe, (say the CLSID key), and
open the regedt32 Edit menu, you see a "Permissions" button. Adding your user
to these permissions to all sub keys may allow you to register the OCX.

From: Chantal V on
Can you expand on your instructions? I have never gone into the registry. Not
sure how to do this.
Thanks
--
C V