From: bigblacksun on
I have opened a ticket with microsoft and they are currently looking into the
possibility of a corrupted riched20.dll from patch ms07-013. I'll let you
know what I find out.

From: Jeanett from OKC on
Any news back from Microsoft? Some of our Outlook users began experiencing
the same issue when patches were pushed in mid-April...

From: bigblacksun on
Yes, the word is that they are working on a hotfix and are hoping to have it
by the end of the month. In the interim, they said to try the following:

Some things you can do to avoid the problem:
1 - Roll back the patch that took riched20.dll to 5.50.99.2014. Earlier
builds do not have the problem.
2 - Before sending RTF messages, select all of the text and change the font
- this will "clean" the invalid RTF tags.

From: tuxis on
Just clarifying what most of you know. There are two KB's associated
with MS07-013. 918118 (RichEdit in Windows). KB920813 (Richedit in
Office) is the one which causes the error in this discussion. The
security bulletin has not yet been updated with the caveat.

Thanks for your posts folks, I appreciate the info you've shared.
bigblacksun, please keep us posted on your ticket.

From: bigblacksun on
Thanks for that information and I will keep everyone updated when I get more
information from MS. I haven't had a chance to test out the option of
restoring the riched20.dll as it was suggested but I did originally rename
them and try a repair with outlook which didn't work. I did find some older
versions of riched20.dll and would like to replace what is currently on the
drive with the older versions and then I'll let you know how it goes.