From: bigblacksun on
So here's the latest. I completed some additional testing with my user and as
it turns out, changing the font to HTML didn't help her out. I was able to
get both of the MS suggestions to work though. I had her create an email with
a paste of text from the mainframe and then reformat the font for the whole
email. That change did not cause the RTF error and the email arrived intact.
I was also able to remove all of her copies of riched20.dll and replace them
with older versions that we had prior to MS07-013 patch. That also resolved
the problem but you have to actually replace those dll's and not try to
re-create them after removing them. When I had tried to re-create them
previously, they were still corrupted and caused the error message to appear.

At least now we have two work-arounds for the problem and they are not too
difficult to implement. I just don't want to have to make the dll changes on
all of the affected systems so I'm only going to do the ones that have the
most trouble and hopefully the hotfix will be ready to take care of the rest.

From: tuxis on
Hey All,

Mike, dont know if you got my other post. Would you mind sending your
Microsoft case ID to myself or posting it so the MS Tech working my
case can share info with your Tech?

Cheers,
Darren

From: tuxis on
Just had another client report this issue but she was copy/pasting
from an Excel spreadsheet, not a front end to a mainframe.

Cheers,

From: tuxis on
Hey all,

I tried having my client (one of the frontend to mainframe clients)
paste into the body of a richedit and then change to HTML. This did
not fix the issue.

She did, however, try the following....
- when she pasted into the email, click the clipboard icon
- select 'Keep text only' option

This is another successful workaround

Cheers,
Darren

From: bigblacksun on
Darren,
My case number is SRX070405603101. I hope it helps.

mike