From: tuxis on
Thanks Mike. i am now in holding pattern as well. Cheers,

From: tuxis on
Hey Everyone,

here is the latest on my MS case.....

Hi Darren, I have looked into the case you have provided and
confirmed that it is a bug. There is no ETA on a fix as of yet.
Unfortunately, we can not keep this case open until a hotfix is
developed. The case is therefore being closed; you can however call
us with the same case number at any time to determine if the fix has
been released. Thank you for working with Microsoft!

and here was my response....

Hello, I have no issue with your internal process (i.e. status of
case). I do have issue if I am expected to keep calling to find out
if the hotfix is released. I expect that Microsoft should be able to
contact me when the hotfix is available (i.e. have the hotfix
developers start a distribution list which they will send when the
hotfix is available). If you do not have the authority to make this
happen, please escalate on my behalf.

Hopefully Microsoft will provide good customer service and I will have
a happy ending to report to y'all. Have a great weekend!l!

From: bigblacksun on
Wow Darren, that was a pretty crappy response from MS.

I do have good news in that I was contacted yesterday with a beta
riched20.dll that they wanted me to test out. So far I have successfully
applied it to three systems and it has resolved the problem. I notified the
engineer and he said that a hotfix should be available within 1-2 weeks. This
will be a simple riched20.dll replacement with I would suppose an updated
with security patch file instead of the older riched20.dll I was applying
previously.

Mike

From: Jeanett from OKC on
Any news on the availability of the hotfix mentioned in the previous post?

From: high_fall on
Just got confirmation from our MS TAM that the hotfix will be released
in early July.