From: tuxis on
Hey Everyone,

Symptoms from our clients: client copies text from a 3rd party
application and pastes into a rich text email message. They click
send. The recipient of the email only see the following in the body
of the email.........<<Error: invalid RTF>>.

Our clients are experiencing the issue while using an application
called UIS (from IBM). What apps are your clients using in
conjunction with Outlook when they experience this issue?

We had one other client who typed a new message (no attach/no copy-
paste) and experienced the same issue but she can reproduce the issue.

Workaround 1: using plain text or HTML format for email messages
Workaround 2: use MS Word as the email editor for Rich Test messages

Cheers,
Darren

From: tuxis on
correction on last post: the 'new message' client canNOT reproduce
the issue

From: bigblacksun on
Our clients are copying and pasting text from a mainframe output to outlook
2002. They can also use plain text but prefer to customize the font. They
have also been instructed to send the information as a word doc attachment
which will work but they don't want to do that. I am not sure they have tried
HTML but that might be a good option also. We generally don't use word as our
email editor but that did not work for us when we tested it however,
reformatting the entire text should correct the problem also (according to
MS).

Thanks,
mike

From: tuxis on
Hmmm, is everyone's problem application a mainframe based frontend
app???

Am I seeing a pattern here?

Cheers :)
Darren

From: bigblacksun on
I believe so.

I did ask my user about using HTML and she said that it didn't work to
switch because it added additional lines to the email. I am trying to
co-ordinate with her still on replacing riched20.dll's on her system to see
if that will fix the problem and I've asked her to try changing the font on
the whole email as MS suggested but I haven't heard if that corrects the RTF
problem also. I'll let you know what I find out.

thanks,
mike