From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>

| Hi again.
| Once again I cannot connect to the Eternal-September newsgroups.
| The earlier problem I had was due to my not having the word news. in
| front of eternal-september.org as the Server.
| That hint worked just great, but now I cannot connect again.
| I am using the latest ver of FireFox.
| Thanks,
| Buffalo

http://eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=faq

nntp://username:password(a)news.eternal-september.org:119

--
Dave

From: Bob Lucas on
There have been a few problems with the Eternal September server
names / DNS lookups.

I thought the DNS issue had been resolved. However, you could
try changing the server name to '62.141.42.50' (without the
quotation marks). That should overcome any DNS lookup problems.

From: Tom Willett on

"Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote in message
:
:
: Peter Foldes wrote:
: > Hooplehead alert
: Why would you respond like that, PF?
: Go away if you can't help,
: Buffalo

The Hooplehead Alert stands. This isn't a Windows XP issue.
:

From: Bert Hyman on
In news:eut$BLN$KHA.5476(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl "Tom Willett"
<tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote:

> "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote in message
>:
>:
>: Peter Foldes wrote:
>: > Hooplehead alert
>: Why would you respond like that, PF?
>: Go away if you can't help,
>: Buffalo
>
> The Hooplehead Alert stands. This isn't a Windows XP issue.

But if the OP's only USENET access is through Eternal September and it's
not working, why should he not turn to a group of "friendly" folks who
might be able to supply some insight to his problem?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com
From: Buffalo on

Bob Lucas wrote:
> There have been a few problems with the Eternal September server
> names / DNS lookups.
>
> I thought the DNS issue had been resolved. However, you could
> try changing the server name to '62.141.42.50' (without the
> quotation marks). That should overcome any DNS lookup problems.

Thanks, it started working again this am.
I will keep your response for future reference.
Thanks again,
Buffalo