From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Bert Hyman" <bert(a)iphouse.com>

>> The Hooplehead Alert stands. This isn't a Windows XP issue.

| But if the OP's only USENET access is through Eternal September and it's
| not working, why should he not turn to a group of "friendly" folks who
| might be able to supply some insight to his problem?

Then, in theory and best practice, the subject should have been...

"OT: Eternal-September Connection"

--
Dave

From: Bert Hyman on
In news:ep8eRER$KHA.5280(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

> From: "Bert Hyman" <bert(a)iphouse.com>
>

>>> The Hooplehead Alert stands. This isn't a Windows XP issue.
>
>| But if the OP's only USENET access is through Eternal September and
>| it's not working, why should he not turn to a group of "friendly"
>| folks who might be able to supply some insight to his problem?
>
> Then, in theory and best practice, the subject should have been...
>
> "OT: Eternal-September Connection"

I'm sure that the OP, being suitably chastened and humbled, will
remember this lesson, long after this news server is gone.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Bert Hyman" <bert(a)iphouse.com>

>>| But if the OP's only USENET access is through Eternal September and
>>| it's not working, why should he not turn to a group of "friendly"
>>| folks who might be able to supply some insight to his problem?

>> Then, in theory and best practice, the subject should have been...

>> "OT: Eternal-September Connection"

| I'm sure that the OP, being suitably chastened and humbled, will
| remember this lesson, long after this news server is gone.

:-)

--
Dave

From: Buffalo on

Bert Hyman wrote:
> In news:ep8eRER$KHA.5280(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl "David H. Lipman"
> <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:
>
>> From: "Bert Hyman" <bert(a)iphouse.com>

>>> But if the OP's only USENET access is through Eternal September and
>>> it's not working, why should he not turn to a group of "friendly"
>>> folks who might be able to supply some insight to his problem?
>>
>> Then, in theory and best practice, the subject should have been...
>>
>> "OT: Eternal-September Connection"
>
> I'm sure that the OP, being suitably chastened and humbled, will
> remember this lesson, long after this news server is gone.

I definately will remember this.
No question.
The arrogance and pomp is quite overwhelming.
Live long and prosper! :)
Buffalo
Peter is still an a-hole in most of the ng's that I look at.