From: Citizen Bob on
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 08:08:42 -0000, daniel12(a)iadfw.net (Daniel
Jacobson) wrote:

> If you have 2 @ signs in the address it may not work correctly,
> try replacing the first @ sign with a percent sign (%) or a colon (:).

That was the workaround for Network Solutions. But it does not work
for the new email server.

Netsol aliased the actual username <user(a)domain.com> to
<user%domain.com>. That allowed me to use

POP Account: user%domain.com(a)mail.domain.com

in Eudora 3.0.5.

This was required for both earlier versions of Eudora and Netscape. In
fact I discovered it in the Netscape setup instructions.

But the new email server won't allow aliases because it supposedly
interferes with security. I called the Office of the President and one
of the people there talked to the system programmers. I was told that
I needed to get a later version of Eudora, which I did. Actually I am
better off with Eud 7.1, so it all worked out for the best.

People on these forums have been extremely helpful, which has made the
transition a lot more pleasant. I only have a few things left, which I
have already put out in this and the other threads. Your continued
assistance is much appreciated.

--

Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO)!
Primary Cause of Global Warming!