From: rick-paulos on
XP sp2
eudora 7.1.0.9 paid mode

Just started this doing yesterday.

Right after a new install, it vanishes after exactly 1 minute of
inactivity.

But later on it started crashing sooner, then while launching.

I have tried everything on the top 10 lists:

system time set
virus scans (was running anyhow)
ad-aware
safe mode (still crashes)
deleted the ad folder
deleted the spool folder
checked the windows/system32 folder for anything new - nope

uninstalled, deleted residual files, installed without any old files.
Same behavior with a brand new install.

the Eudora.log file doesn't help.

Since this problem started:
a dozen new updates from windows
update for flash
update for java
uninstalled & reinstalled m$ office
numerous restarts
but none of that seems to affect the problem

Installed on another computer (a loaner), linked to the same mail
server and account and that works.

Any suggestions?

errrrg,

rick

From: rick-paulos on
As a followup.

Removed the anti-virus software as that seemed to be the only thing
updated earlier in the day this all started. No help. Reinstalled
eudora and it still crashes after 1 minute of inactivity.

From: Torben on
On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:09:39 -0700 (PDT), "rick-paulos(a)uiowa.edu"
<rick-paulos(a)uiowa.edu> wrote:

> Any suggestions?

Try a system restore.
From: rick-paulos on
I'm sol on that. One last thing I did last night was to run McAffe
Stinger anti-virus scan. They recommended turning off system restore
first.
Even though system restore was on before, turning it off seems to have
deleted all previous restore points.

I just re-installed windows, in place, aka update install, instead of
reformating the hd (that would take days to reinstall all my other
software). That didn't work either.

Will try another version of Eudora.

From: John H Meyers on
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:15:55 -0500:

> Any hints in Exception.log and/or Audit.log?

or Eudora.log or EudoraCrashDump.dmp

"Crash or invalid page fault" (all crashes)
http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/901hq.html

> Just started this doing yesterday.
> Right after a new install.
> XP sp2
> eudora 7.1.0.9 paid mode

Try turning off "X1" search option.

Older versions will also automatically turn this off,
inasmuch as it did not then exist :)

--

Greetings from mum.edu in Fairfield :)
 |  Next  |  Last