From: C A Upsdell on
On 2010-04-13 20:45, John H Meyers wrote:
> On 4/12/2010 7:48 PM, C A wrote:
>
>> [contorted sequence of operations snipped]
>>
>> Of course this would be *much* easier if only MozBackup would
>> recognize E8,
>> because then TB could be dispensed with.
>
> As I posted earlier, the simple transfer of a single directory
> (whether by zipping, by direct transfer via a cable, via USB drive, or
> whatever)
> is all that is required. All additional contortions are unnecessary.

I tried that earlier. It did not work.

From: John H Meyers on
On 4/13/2010 9:43 PM, C A Upsdell wrote:

>> As I posted earlier, the simple transfer of a single directory
>> (whether by zipping, by direct transfer via a cable, via USB drive, or
>> whatever)
>> is all that is required. All additional contortions are unnecessary.

> I tried that earlier. It did not work.

Sorry it didn't, this time, or that we didn't have the opportunity
to go into further details, to see what was the matter.
Glad that some method finally succeeded for you.

This is how we've done TB profile transfers for all our computer replacements.
If this thread is referred to again at some future time,
try installing the same thing on new computer as on old
(either E8 alone, or TB+E8),
then copy the folder which contains "profiles.ini"
or use the "Profile manager" to add the additional profile.