From: jj on
On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 13:49:42 -0700, Steve Urbach
<dragonsclaw(a)NOTmindspring.com> wrote:

>Why not open /the/ pictures folder, select some photos,
>Right click. "Send to", "E-mail recipient"
>Eudora will start a new message

I'm often replying to an existing e-mail.

From: Steve Urbach on
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 05:32:08 -0700, jj(a)unspameljefe.net wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 13:49:42 -0700, Steve Urbach
><dragonsclaw(a)NOTmindspring.com> wrote:
>

>>Why not open /the/ pictures folder, select some photos,
>>Right click. "Send to", "E-mail recipient"
>>Eudora will start a new message
>
>I'm often replying to an existing e-mail.

The newly created e-mail has NO name in the "To:" area.

You have to add that (you can use the Address book to fill this in, or the
history will help when you start typing)., before you send
You can also edit the default subject and body, everything you can normally
do. ;)
From: Steve Urbach on
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 05:27:55 -0700, jj(a)unspameljefe.net wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:57:38 -0300, Ajo Wissink
><ajo(a)notrealaddress.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 13:18:50 -0700, jj(a)unspameljefe.net wrote:
>>
>>>Returning to the "wrong" folder when attaching multiple files.
>>>
>>>Case in point:
>>>
>>>I want to send 23 small jpegs to somebody. When I click on Attach,
>>>Eudora opens to whatever file I *last* attached from -- maybe days
>>>ago. Since it will only attach five or six files at a time, I have to
>>>attach the first batch, then go back to the same folder to attach the
>>>next group..
>>
>>Don't use Eudora's "Attach File" function.
>>
>>When you have the folder containing the multitude of files you want to
>>attach open in Windows Explorer just highlight the whole bunch and
>>drag them to an open Eudora message. Nothing simpler than that.
>
>Hmm...well, because I don't generally open Windows Explorer for
>something like this. I use Adobe Bridge most of the time.
>
>The suggestions are all good. But they don't address the question of
>why Eudora insists on returning to the wrong folder, or why I can't
>attach more than five or six images at a time from Eudora Attach.

Maybe, because Eudora was created back in Dial-up (1200 baud) days, where
e-mail servers could not handle massive attachment influx? A 1M file used to
take "forever" to download.
When Eudora 7 stopped production, there were still goodly parts of the US
still on dial-up.,some limited to 14.4K because of distance, crummy lines.
From: Laura Fredericks on

--
Laura Fredericks
PGP key ID - DH/DSS 2048/1024: 0xC753039A

Usenet Flamewars:
http://www.queenofcyberspace.com/usenet/

Remove CLOTHES to reply.