From: jj on
Returning to the "wrong" folder when attaching multiple files.

Case in point:

I want to send 23 small jpegs to somebody. When I click on Attach,
Eudora opens to whatever file I *last* attached from -- maybe days
ago. Since it will only attach five or six files at a time, I have to
attach the first batch, then go back to the same folder to attach the
next group..

Correction....*I* go back to the same folder, but Eudora doesn't. It
returns to the original "wrong" folder! Which means I have re-click
through the entire tree every time I want to attach the next five
images. Here's the latest example:

Click Attach and it opens a folder named "Thursday." Arrow up to
"Chicago 2008" folder. Arrow up to "G-PS6" folder. Arrow up to "HP
Pavilion (C:)" drive. Arrow up to "My Computer." Click on "Free Agent
Drive G:." Scroll to "Poconos 2010" folder. Click to open it. Click to
open sub-folder "4x6." Scroll to desired images, highlight and click
five of them. Click on Attach and hope they all get attached. Repeat
til all images are finally attached.

That's completely insane. To make matter more bizarre, I could come
back to the computer tomorrow, click on Attach, and it would open in
the last folder ("Poconos 2010/4x6"), which, of course I no longer
want to be in. Then I'd have to go through the process all over again
to get to where the newly preferred files are.

The only "shortcut" I know of, which is only slightly less annoying,
is to click the Down arrow on the far right of the "Look in:" box,
which gets me to the Free Agent Drive G in one step. But from then on
it's still all the same.

Does anybody know why Eudora refuses to stay in the folder I'm working
with? Is there any way to defeat the return to the"wrong" folder? For
that matter, why am I limited to only five or six file attachments at
a time?

Thanks.

JJ
From: Steve Urbach on
On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 13:18:50 -0700, jj(a)unspameljefe.net wrote:

>Returning to the "wrong" folder when attaching multiple files.
>
>Case in point:
>
>I want to send 23 small jpegs to somebody. When I click on Attach,
>Eudora opens to whatever file I *last* attached from -- maybe days
>ago. Since it will only attach five or six files at a time, I have to
>attach the first batch, then go back to the same folder to attach the
>next group..
>
>Correction....*I* go back to the same folder, but Eudora doesn't. It
>returns to the original "wrong" folder! Which means I have re-click
>through the entire tree every time I want to attach the next five
>images. Here's the latest example:
>
>Click Attach and it opens a folder named "Thursday." Arrow up to
>"Chicago 2008" folder. Arrow up to "G-PS6" folder. Arrow up to "HP
>Pavilion (C:)" drive. Arrow up to "My Computer." Click on "Free Agent
>Drive G:." Scroll to "Poconos 2010" folder. Click to open it. Click to
>open sub-folder "4x6." Scroll to desired images, highlight and click
>five of them. Click on Attach and hope they all get attached. Repeat
>til all images are finally attached.
>
>That's completely insane. To make matter more bizarre, I could come
>back to the computer tomorrow, click on Attach, and it would open in
>the last folder ("Poconos 2010/4x6"), which, of course I no longer
>want to be in. Then I'd have to go through the process all over again
>to get to where the newly preferred files are.
>
>The only "shortcut" I know of, which is only slightly less annoying,
>is to click the Down arrow on the far right of the "Look in:" box,
>which gets me to the Free Agent Drive G in one step. But from then on
>it's still all the same.
>
>Does anybody know why Eudora refuses to stay in the folder I'm working
>with? Is there any way to defeat the return to the"wrong" folder? For
>that matter, why am I limited to only five or six file attachments at
>a time?
>
>Thanks.
>
>JJ
Why not open /the/ pictures folder, select some photos,
Right click. "Send to", "E-mail recipient"
Eudora will start a new message

Better yet:
Zip up the whole batch and e-mail the Zip
(select pictures, right click,
"Send to" COMPRESSED FOLDER.

From: Han on
jj(a)unspameljefe.net wrote in news:pedj56d6tf8rn8sbeejlf48adurrsijsp0@
4ax.com:

> Returning to the "wrong" folder when attaching multiple files.
>
> Case in point:
>
> I want to send 23 small jpegs to somebody. When I click on Attach,
> Eudora opens to whatever file I *last* attached from -- maybe days
> ago. Since it will only attach five or six files at a time, I have to
> attach the first batch, then go back to the same folder to attach the
> next group..
>
> Correction....*I* go back to the same folder, but Eudora doesn't. It
> returns to the original "wrong" folder! Which means I have re-click
> through the entire tree every time I want to attach the next five
> images. Here's the latest example:
>
> Click Attach and it opens a folder named "Thursday." Arrow up to
> "Chicago 2008" folder. Arrow up to "G-PS6" folder. Arrow up to "HP
> Pavilion (C:)" drive. Arrow up to "My Computer." Click on "Free Agent
> Drive G:." Scroll to "Poconos 2010" folder. Click to open it. Click to
> open sub-folder "4x6." Scroll to desired images, highlight and click
> five of them. Click on Attach and hope they all get attached. Repeat
> til all images are finally attached.
>
> That's completely insane. To make matter more bizarre, I could come
> back to the computer tomorrow, click on Attach, and it would open in
> the last folder ("Poconos 2010/4x6"), which, of course I no longer
> want to be in. Then I'd have to go through the process all over again
> to get to where the newly preferred files are.
>
> The only "shortcut" I know of, which is only slightly less annoying,
> is to click the Down arrow on the far right of the "Look in:" box,
> which gets me to the Free Agent Drive G in one step. But from then on
> it's still all the same.
>
> Does anybody know why Eudora refuses to stay in the folder I'm working
> with? Is there any way to defeat the return to the"wrong" folder? For
> that matter, why am I limited to only five or six file attachments at
> a time?
>
> Thanks.
>
> JJ

A simple solution would be to put a shortcut to the pictures folder in
the attachment folder.

--
Best regards
Han
From: Ajo Wissink on
On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 13:18:50 -0700, jj(a)unspameljefe.net wrote:

>Returning to the "wrong" folder when attaching multiple files.
>
>Case in point:
>
>I want to send 23 small jpegs to somebody. When I click on Attach,
>Eudora opens to whatever file I *last* attached from -- maybe days
>ago. Since it will only attach five or six files at a time, I have to
>attach the first batch, then go back to the same folder to attach the
>next group..

Don't use Eudora's "Attach File" function.

When you have the folder containing the multitude of files you want to
attach open in Windows Explorer just highlight the whole bunch and
drag them to an open Eudora message. Nothing simpler than that.
From: jj on
On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:57:38 -0300, Ajo Wissink
<ajo(a)notrealaddress.invalid> wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 13:18:50 -0700, jj(a)unspameljefe.net wrote:
>
>>Returning to the "wrong" folder when attaching multiple files.
>>
>>Case in point:
>>
>>I want to send 23 small jpegs to somebody. When I click on Attach,
>>Eudora opens to whatever file I *last* attached from -- maybe days
>>ago. Since it will only attach five or six files at a time, I have to
>>attach the first batch, then go back to the same folder to attach the
>>next group..
>
>Don't use Eudora's "Attach File" function.
>
>When you have the folder containing the multitude of files you want to
>attach open in Windows Explorer just highlight the whole bunch and
>drag them to an open Eudora message. Nothing simpler than that.

Hmm...well, because I don't generally open Windows Explorer for
something like this. I use Adobe Bridge most of the time.

The suggestions are all good. But they don't address the question of
why Eudora insists on returning to the wrong folder, or why I can't
attach more than five or six images at a time from Eudora Attach.