From: Katrina Knight on
steinvnospam(a)online.nospam wrote:
> I use the Eudora 7.0.1.

> When my Eudora started up there was on task running for getting mail - this is
> ok.

> Then I got a new task line
> Updating Fast search updating index: 2 updates left Pausing while
> you use Eudora

> The task never ends!! It is still running all the time even if I turn the
> Eudora off and then on abgain. What can I do to get rid of this Task running
> all the time?

As long as you are actively doing stuff in Eudora, it will stay paused. If
you stop working, it *should* finish doing the updates. As soon as you do
anything that changes the contents of a mailbox, it will have more updates
to do though.

If there are legitimately updates to do, it shouldn't be a problem for
that task to be running. It is possible that you may have some kind of
problem where the updates can't be done for some reason. Does the number
of updates waiting to be done change or does it always say the same thing?
If the number changes, then it is probably working correctly.

If you don't like seeing the task, you can go to Tools | options | find
messages and increase the number for when to show the update program in
the task status window. That won't change what Eudora is doing, but it
will change when it shows you what it is doing. You could also choose to
turn indexed searching off altogether. Then there won't be any indexing
tasks to be done at all.

If there actually seems to be some kind of problem where the updates can't
be done, you might need to re-index. That can also be done at Tools |
options | find messages.

--
Katrina