From: Armin Zingler on
Am 31.03.2010 11:08, schrieb Mr. X.:
> I have VS 2008 (I use VB.NET)
> I didn't see any build tab.
> What I see is compile tab & debug tab (others, which I don't know if
> relevant are :

But you can read what's on the screen. ;-) On the "Compile" page,
there is the textbox labeled "Build output path".

And here's the help for it:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fs91s003.aspx

--
Armin
From: Mr. X. on
On compile page - The "Build output path" is not the path for debug.

From: Armin Zingler on
Am 31.03.2010 18:22, schrieb Mr. X.:
> On compile page - The "Build output path" is not the path for debug.

What do you mean? I thought you were looking for the path of the exe file.

--
Armin
From: Mr. X. on
O.K.
Solved.

Maybe my English is not so good,
but I think I had explain myself well enough.

I meant :
There are two exe - one for debug, and one for release.
I want to change the default folder for the debug.

I saw that on project -> properties -> debug, there is a textbox labeled :
"Working directory".
There I can choose manually the output folder for exe for debug.

Thanks, anyway
:)

From: Armin Zingler on
Am 31.03.2010 21:24, schrieb Mr. X.:
> O.K.
> Solved.
>
> Maybe my English is not so good,
> but I think I had explain myself well enough.
>
> I meant :
> There are two exe - one for debug, and one for release.
> I want to change the default folder for the debug.

What is a "default folder"? Default for what? For every new project?

> I saw that on project -> properties -> debug, there is a textbox labeled :
> "Working directory".
> There I can choose manually the output folder for exe for debug.

No, that's the working directory. It can be different from the
Exe directory. Every process has a "current directory". It is
the directory that is used for file system access if
no path or a relative path is specified. If you start debugging
from VS, the current directory is set to the working directory.
It's returned from System.IO.Directory.GetCurrentDirectory

In opposite, the Exe is put into the "output path" on the "Compile" tab.
You can specify it per configuration (selectable in the combobox
at the top).

I hope that helps even if I still haven't fully understood what you
are looking for. But that may be my English that is also not
my native lanugage. :-)

--
Armin
First  |  Prev  |