From: Mr. X. on
In VB.NET 2008 (VS 2008)

Where is the executable path while debugging my code?
(Can I control where should be the executable file while debugging).

Thanks :)
From: Armin Zingler on
Am 30.03.2010 23:41, schrieb Mr. X.:
> In VB.NET 2008 (VS 2008)
>
> Where is the executable path while debugging my code?
> (Can I control where should be the executable file while debugging).

While debugging, it's already been loaded from it's location.
You can not change it while debugging.

In the project properties, you can change the output path used at compile time.

If you want to determine the exe location by code, look at Application.ExecutablePath

--
Armin
From: Mr. X. on
I meant :
For debugging - I want to control where the exe file of my application will
be (and not just bin/debug).

That is for :
I have several projects in the solution, and I want them all will be
compiled to the same directory.
(Can I declare it somehow on the solution?)

Thanks :)

From: Johnny J�rgensen on
That's no problem. You need to set it for all projects in your solution,
though.

Open the project properties, select the Build tab, select "Debug" from
the Configuration and enter the path where you want to put your files in
the Output box (Right nowq it probably says "Bin\Debug", but it can just
as well be another path including drive letter and full directory path

Good luck,
Johnny J.

Fr�n: Mr. X. [mailto:nospam(a)nospam_please.com]
Anslaget den: den 31 mars 2010 09:39
Anslaget i: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
Konversation: Executable program while debugging.
�mne: Re: Executable program while debugging.

From: Mr. X. on
I have VS 2008 (I use VB.NET)
I didn't see any build tab.
What I see is compile tab & debug tab (others, which I don't know if
relevant are :
Application, Reference, Resources, Services, Settings, Signing, My
Extensions, Security),
and I didn't see where I can change the bin\Debug folder.

Where is it ?
Thanks :)

"Johnny J?rgensen" <johnny.jorgensen(a)sverigeflyg.se> wrote in message
> That's no problem. You need to set it for all projects in your solution,
> though.
>
> Open the project properties, select the Build tab, select "Debug" from
> the Configuration and enter the path where you want to put your files in
> the Output box (Right nowq it probably says "Bin\Debug", but it can just
> as well be another path including drive letter and full directory path
>
> Good luck,
> Johnny J.

Pages: 1 2
Prev: .net Versions