From: Timothy Daniels on
"Brian K" wrote:
> Tim,
>
> This is an easy way to make a Win7 bootable USB flash drive.
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd535816.aspx

I may be reading that reference wrong(ly), but it appears to
be about *installing* Win7 from a USB flash drive, not booting
or loading an installed Win7 from a USB flash drive.

Here is the stated result of the exercise:
"Now you can insert the thumb drive into the system you want
to install Windows 7 onto and boot the system. The installation
will now proceed as usual-but faster."

*TimDaniels*

From: WSZsr on
My Dell 14Z has an eSATA port

From: Brian K on
Tim,

Maybe I was off topic but yes, I was referring to installing Win7 from the
USB flash drive.

From: Top on
In article <u_-dnaMng61hk6XWnZ2dnUVZ_ridnZ2d(a)earthlink.com>, NoSpam(a)SpamMeKnot.biz says...

> "BillW50" wrote:
> > .... some laptops are already coming with eSATA ports. <grin>
>

> That is quite interesting to me. Which laptops are
> these?
>
> *TimDaniels*

My Studio 17 came with eSata.

Ed

--
"Don't pick a fight with an old man.
signed - An old man
From: BillW50 on
In news:u_-dnaMng61hk6XWnZ2dnUVZ_ridnZ2d(a)earthlink.com,
Timothy Daniels typed on Sun, 27 Dec 2009 17:50:55 -0800:
> "BillW50" wrote:
>> .... some laptops are already coming with eSATA ports. <grin>
>
> That is quite interesting to me. Which laptops are
> these?

Hi Tim! I didn't know of any either about 5 minutes before I posted it.
That is until I searched on Google and I found lots of them. <grin>

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) 1 of 3 - Windows XP SP2

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Christmas
Next: Dell Inspiron 1545 Windows 7 wifi wierdness