From: Ron Hardin on
What external DVD drive can I buy to be able to
boot my Inspiron 910 mini? (which has no DVD
drive)

Dell suggests one that's probably unnecessarily
overpriced, is my feeling.

I'm not sure about compatibility though if I just
go off to newegg.
--
rhhardin(a)mindspring.com

From: Ron Hardin on
Ron Hardin wrote:

> What external DVD drive can I buy to be able to
> boot my Inspiron 910 mini? (which has no DVD
> drive)
>
> Dell suggests one that's probably unnecessarily
> overpriced, is my feeling.
>
> I'm not sure about compatibility though if I just
> go off to newegg.
> --
> rhhardin(a)mindspring.com
>
> On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.

Zonealarm stopped a trojan; cleaning it up is easiest just by wiping and reloading
XP..

Not even a machine I surf on. Apparently picked it up via Total Recorder
off WPRV's radio web player yesterday. At 7:59am to be precise, from the directory
date.

Since nobody's clicking on anything on this machine, it's not obvious how it was
acquired.
--
rhhardin(a)mindspring.com

From: Brian K on
Ron, a mate uses this with his netbook.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812232002

Just run the cable from your desktop DVD drive (still in the desktop) to the
USB port of your Inspiron 910 mini. We installed Win7 using this method.

From: WSZsr on
You can boot to a USB flash drive and even install the OS from it.

From: BillW50 on
In news:xl8Zm.64634$ze1.39079(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au,
Brian K typed on Fri, 25 Dec 2009 19:26:21 GMT:
> Ron, a mate uses this with his netbook.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812232002
>
> Just run the cable from your desktop DVD drive (still in the desktop)
> to the USB port of your Inspiron 910 mini. We installed Win7 using
> this method.

Also these are nice and portable. I have two other friends that has on
of these too. They are very reliable and very small.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151186

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) 3 of 3 - Windows XP SP2