From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Tim S Kemp" <news(a)timkemp.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Arny Krueger" <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote in message
>
>> when anybody who knows anything about Roland drums knows that TD12s are
>> mono.

I guess you better let Roland in on this
they think it is stereo
you are a idiot arnii
George

From: bob on
On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 07:26:03 -0400, "Arny Krueger" <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote:

>Geroge, you vilently faulted me for not mixing my TD 12 drums in stereo,
>when anybody who knows anything about Roland drums knows that TD12s are
>mono.

Hmmm perhaps you can explain the separate Left and Right Master output jacks on
the back?

Also, explain the PAN controls...

From: Arny Krueger on
<bob(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 07:26:03 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
> <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote:

>> Geroge, you violently faulted me for not mixing my TD 12
>> drums in stereo, when anybody who knows anything about
>> Roland drums knows that TD12s are mono.

> Hmmm perhaps you can explain the separate Left and Right Master output
> jacks on the back?

Got them on the Clav, too. Basically very useless to me given that I would
have to walk 100 feet from my console to adjsut how thy would work.

Not at all the same as the mixing mics on a multi-miced set of acoustic
drums. It is very impractical for me to mix the TD12 drums.

> Also, explain the PAN controls...

Well, thanks for pointing them out. I never noticed that they were there,
but I just found them in the manual.

Of course they still do me no good because they are basically impossible for
any live sound mixer to adjust given that they are onstage.

Besides, the stereo capabilities of the TD12 still completely moot when all
you have is a single point mono speaker system.

So this is just another impossible task you have for me - mix the drums on
the TD12 mixer.

I guess agree with George that I should run right out and buy a 30 foot
stepladder so I can move my 200 pound central cluster that's still mono no
matter what George fantaizes.

From: bob on
On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 07:53:14 -0400, "Arny Krueger" <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote:

><bob(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 07:26:03 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
>> <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote:
>
>>> Geroge, you violently faulted me for not mixing my TD 12
>>> drums in stereo, when anybody who knows anything about
>>> Roland drums knows that TD12s are mono.
>
>> Hmmm perhaps you can explain the separate Left and Right Master output
>> jacks on the back?
>
>Got them on the Clav, too. Basically very useless to me given that I would
>have to walk 100 feet from my console to adjsut how thy would work.

Ya, but you said the module was MONO... not that it was a STEREO module you
don't know how to use.

>Not at all the same as the mixing mics on a multi-miced set of acoustic
>drums. It is very impractical for me to mix the TD12 drums.

Actually, you can send the snare and kick to the left and the toms to the right
and mix the stereo field yourself outboard, LOTS of sound people ask the
E-drummers for some kind of multiple output, some drummers insist on it... but I
see you want to run mono.

>> Also, explain the PAN controls...
>
>Well, thanks for pointing them out. I never noticed that they were there,
>but I just found them in the manual.
>
>Of course they still do me no good because they are basically impossible for
>any live sound mixer to adjust given that they are onstage.

The drummer is supposed to know how to set the pans, with your direction if you
want. It's not rocket science! I just pan things as how they look, in reality.

>Besides, the stereo capabilities of the TD12 still completely moot when all
>you have is a single point mono speaker system.

Perhaps you could fill me in on your actually speaker setup... do you only have
a mono group on the ceiling and that's it? No stereo front? No side fill, what
about rear speakers for the sleeping folk in the back rows? You don't have a
sub? There's always a good corner in a church to hide a sub!

>So this is just another impossible task you have for me - mix the drums on
>the TD12 mixer.

They just wanted you to admit the module is stereo, but even if you run it mono
you STILL have to mix the LEVELS of the pads. Did you do this or just run them
all up full? I spend lots of time tweaking the pad levels...

>I guess agree with George that I should run right out and buy a 30 foot
>stepladder so I can move my 200 pound central cluster that's still mono no
>matter what George fantaizes.

He is right about the fact you need to have a method for accessing these
speakers. What if they break?

Maybe you could get some nice Bose reflecting speakers and stick them up there
too for some pleasant symul-stereo effects? :}

From: Arny Krueger on
"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Arny Krueger" <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote in message
>> <bob(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Perhaps you could fill me in on your actually speaker
>>> setup... do you only have a mono group on the ceiling
>>> and that's it?
>>
>> The central cluster is composed of 2 EV TL606AX (not DX)
>>
>> http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Speakers/EDS/TL606-606DX%20EDS.pdf
>>
>> The HF horns are JBL 2365 and 2366 horns, but I don't
>> know which drivers. The wide one is aimed at the front
>> of the room and the narrow one is aimed at the rear.
>> They are driven by a 50 wpc Yamaha power amp.
>>> No stereo front?
>>
>> Nope, no matter how often George has lied about it.
>
> but he has 700 or 800 inputs and 10,000$ worth of mixer

This would be yet another George lie. The mixer cost me less than 8 grand,
and has only 40 inputs.

> and stereo everywhere in the drum module, keyboards, but
> doesn't see any point in upgradeing a 25 year old speaker
> system

Yet another George Lie.

I'd love to upgrade the speaker system, even though it is capable enough to
not be the weakest link.

The worst problem is the room's acoustics and the layout of the platform.
Geroge, don't you ever work inside where there are reflections from walls
and the like?

I'd like to move the array towards the back of the room by about 20 feet so
that is not hanging over the platform.

Rumor is that we may be going to 2 services which means that we may be able
to tear out some pews, extend the platform forward so that it has more
depth, and move the array towards the back of the room so that it isn't
hangling over the platform.

>>> No side fill,

>> Nope, no matter how often George has lied about it.
> how many times would that be arnii

> please post the quote, you can't because it does not
> exist anywhere except your paranoid little mind

Sorry George that you were so drunk this weekend that you can't remember
what you posted.

You had my two woofers on opposite sides of the room, with a central cluster
of tweeters. What a design you came up with, George! Two woofers, no
tweeters within 30 feet of the woofers!

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: QSC K Series