From: Phildo on

"Arny Krueger" <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote in message
> Geroge, you vilently faulted me for not mixing my TD 12 drums in stereo,
> when anybody who knows anything about Roland drums knows that TD12s are
> mono.

This is getting archived for posterity along with your FOH post. You really
are a dumbass Arny.

> You need to get back on the wagon, George.

Sounds like you need to take your own advice Arnold.

Phildo

From: Arny Krueger on
"Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message
> "Arny Krueger" <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote in message
>> Geroge, you vilently faulted me for not mixing my TD 12
>> drums in stereo, when anybody who knows anything about
>> Roland drums knows that TD12s are mono.
>
> This is getting archived for posterity along with your
> FOH post. You really are a dumbass Arny.
>
>> You need to get back on the wagon, George.
>
> Sounds like you need to take your own advice Arnold.

Unlike you Phildo, I can honestly say that I've never been intoxicated or
under the influence of any mind-altering substance in my life.

From: Tim S Kemp on

> I wonder how your god feels about you dishonouring him by buying expensive
> toys for yourself with the church's money instead of what was needed? You
> could have bought and installed a nice stereo rig for what that desk cost
> you and had enough money left over for an analogue mixer.

Stereo isn't a big deal here, getting a compact and high quality audio
system in is.

FYI, we have a very simple, low cost installation. The LS9-32 is the latest
upgrade to a long line of gradual improvement. FOH is ONE pair of Turbosound
TQ310 in L-R crossed at 100hz to a pair of TXD-215, excellent value for
money and clarity and power that make many visiting sound techs wonder how
it all works from such small boxes.

Driven by MC2 E25s. Which helps a lot. In stereo, but there's no point in
panning stuff really for the type of stuff we do so everythings panned
centre, with a bit of 'verb for ambience sometimes (dead room)

Cost? Very low. Flown weight? About 12kg per side. SPL? Plenty (105dbA slow
at mix if I ever needed it) for a 400 seat church.

Why you'd want to hang 400lbs of cluster I will never know.

We also do a lot of stuff out of the building, in reverberant rooms, in
school halls, in sports halls, in theatres. I do the odd bit of sound
consulting but mainly stick to my day job, which is computing related.

--
And remember kids, RAID is safe and the UPS never fails, and Cisco routers
never develop intermittent faults, and external hard drives never fail with

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

> "Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message
>
>> It's not impossible. You just lack even the most basic
>> sound skills.
>
> Well Phildo, I clearly underestimated the TD12. I know that you guys would
> rather die than help me optimize it, so it is all good. I'm just into this
> to learn.

Well you could start with learning it is a STEREO unit
that would be where it all begins arnii
George

From: Phildo on

> Unlike you Phildo, I can honestly say that I've never been intoxicated or
> under the influence of any mind-altering substance in my life.

You've never had a drink?

Not that it matters as you are completely out of your mind anyway without
the need for any substances.

Phildo

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9