From: RB on
I think maybe one thing I am not doing right.

net use * \\desktopbox\c password /user:username
what is the difference between user and username ?

In my scenario I have the following
computername which is Desktop1 and RB.Laptop
usernames (also users) which are DesktopRB and Owner.RB
workgroup RB_HOME

From: John Wunderlich on
"RB" <NoMail(a)NoSpam> wrote in news:ufD3JWNvKHA.812
@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:

> I think maybe one thing I am not doing right.
>
> net use * \\desktopbox\c password /user:username
> what is the difference between user and username ?
>
> In my scenario I have the following
> computername which is Desktop1 and RB.Laptop
> usernames (also users) which are DesktopRB and Owner.RB
> workgroup RB_HOME

"user:" is literal. "username" should be replaced with your username.
In your case, on the laptop you would type:

net use * \\Desktop1\c password /user:Desktop1\DesktopRB
or
net use * \\Desktop1\c password /user:DesktopRB

Assuming the share name on Desktop1 is "c" and "DesktopRB"'s password
on Desktop1 is "password". If you leave "password" out and the
password is non-blank, it should come back and ask for your password.

HTH,
John

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3