From: John H Meyers on
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:54:28 -0500, Claudio Lapilli wrote:

> OK, here it is...

Got it!

Apparently is in part based on PFREE
http://www.hpcalc.org/search.php?query=pfree

Tried it only on a 49G emulated via Emu48,
on which FMAN momentarily flashed a menu,
then screen turned to "snow" and produced a TTRM.

STOBANK starts out with an OVER before any CK --
might that be a problem, if stack hasn't
at least two args to begin with?
(also, is the immediately following PTR 35069
a supported or stable entry?)

Thanks again for that quick upload, and best wishes.

[r->] [OFF]
From: Claudio Lapilli on
On Mar 31, 7:21 pm, "John H Meyers" <jhmey...(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:54:28 -0500, Claudio Lapilli wrote:
> > OK, here it is...
>
> Got it!
>
> Apparently is in part based on PFREEhttp://www.hpcalc.org/search.php?query=pfree

It's built on top of it. PFREE does the screen display, and passes the
menu commands to a sysRPL/assembler addition.
I fixed a bug on PFREE, also improved the free memory calculation,
added support for the big screen and skipped the flash banks that are
no longer used in the ARM models. I also added interaction with my
sysRPL code. The rest is the original code by Thomas Rast.

> Tried it only on a 49G emulated via Emu48,
> on which FMAN momentarily flashed a menu,
> then screen turned to "snow" and produced a TTRM.

Mmmm... all I did was to add the virtual opcode BIGAPP? to add 2 more
lines to the screen on the existing PFREE code. I'll remove the "49G
compatible" from the readme file. I don't have an original 49, so I
can't test it. I normally don't use the emulator, but if I have time
I'll give it a try and see why it's crashing.

> STOBANK starts out with an OVER before any CK --
> might that be a problem, if stack hasn't
> at least two args to begin with?
> (also, is the immediately following PTR 35069
> a supported or stable entry?)

Hey, what happened with the CK2NOLASTWD I had there? In the rush, I
must have accidentally erased it at some point.
I'll post the fixed version ASAP. Thanks for taking a look.

That PTR is TYPELIB?, it may be unsupported but it's on EXTABLE, it
should be the same between 49G and the G+ models.

Thanks for the bug catch,
Claudio

From: Claudio Lapilli on
Due to a bug reported by John Meyers and incompatibility with original
49G, here's an updated version 1.01

http://rapidshare.com/files/23739387/FLASHTOOLS.zip.html

It fixes the bug and adds a **WARNING** note on the readme for users
of the original 49G.

Regards,
Claudio

From: Claudio Lapilli on
On Mar 31, 8:00 pm, "Claudio Lapilli" <pleasedonts...(a)isp.com> wrote:
> Due to a bug reported by John Meyers and incompatibility with original
> 49G, here's an updated version 1.01

<link removed>

> It fixes the bug and adds a **WARNING** note on the readme for users
> of the original 49G.
>
> Regards,
> Claudio

Please disregard that version. Here's the right one:

http://rapidshare.com/files/23753293/FLASHTOOLS102.zip.html

Version 1.02, don't use any of the previous ones and remember, it's 49G
+ / 50G only until somebody has the guts to test it on a real 49G. The
emulator crashes causing a total memory loss for no apparent reason on
a 49G (original). You've been warned.

Claudio

From: Stefano Priore on

> Version 1.02, don't use any of the previous ones and remember, it's 49G
> + / 50G only until somebody has the guts to test it on a real 49G. The
> emulator crashes causing a total memory loss for no apparent reason on
> a 49G (original). You've been warned.

Hmm, there are still some bugs to iron out in FMAN...

1) CUT doesn't work correctly: it performs always a COPY
2) When I pack some banks the program errors out with a "EVAL: Bad
Argument Value" error. It must be noticed that I run FMAN putting it
on the stack and pressing EVAL. After the error FMAN is still on the
stack and no memory looks corrupted.

Well, it's a pretty lousy bug report at the moment, so please tell me
if you need more info!

Ciao,

Stefano