From: Claudio Lapilli on
New programs!

FlashTools is a set of tools to manage your flash memory, works on 49G
+/50G and hopefully 49G (untested as I don't have one).

It allows to:

* Delete and undelete specific items
* Move items between banks
* Repack flash banks to eliminate deleted items
* RCL items from flash (including deleted)
* STO objects to a specific flash bank

It was uploaded today to hpcalc.org, so it may take a few days to be
available.

It's based on the original Port Browser from Thomas Rast, which I
improved, fixed minor bugs, and built the tools around it. Thanks to
him for his very useful tool.

Check it out! But use it at your own risk...
Claudio

From: John H Meyers on
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:52:42 -0500, Claudio Lapilli wrote:

> FlashTools is a set of tools to manage your flash memory,
> works on 49G +/50G and hopefully 49G (untested as I don't have one).

> It was uploaded today to www.hpcalc.org,
> so it may take a few days to be available.

The last update there was January 13th, 2007;
I've sent some corrections there, both via email
and upload, but it looks as if Eric may be
too busy to attend to it very often just now.

Would you consider meanwhile also uploading it
to some "free file host" and posting its URL here?
That might expedite things until Eric has time
to catch up with all that's been piled up
in his Inbox and the "upload queue."

[r->] [OFF]
From: TW on
> Would you consider meanwhile also uploading it
> to some "free file host" and posting its URL here?
> That might expedite things until Eric has time
> to catch up with all that's been piled up
> in his Inbox and the "upload queue."

I think he just doesn't update frequently simply because not many
people are uploading things. Anyway, for a temporary solution I've
setup an ftp account for anyone wanting to post HPcalc related stuff.
We'll see how long it works without anyone abusing it.

ftp.pssllc.com
user:hpcalc
pass:hpcalc

Access the files by www.pssllc.com/hpcalc/...

TW

From: Claudio Lapilli on
On Mar 31, 1:32 am, "TW" <timwess...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Would you consider meanwhile also uploading it
> > to some "free file host" and posting its URL here?
> > That might expedite things until Eric has time
> > to catch up with all that's been piled up
> > in his Inbox and the "upload queue."
>
> I think he just doesn't update frequently simply because not many
> people are uploading things. Anyway, for a temporary solution I've
> setup an ftp account for anyone wanting to post HPcalc related stuff.
> We'll see how long it works without anyone abusing it.
>
> ftp.pssllc.com
> user:hpcalc
> pass:hpcalc
>
> Access the files bywww.pssllc.com/hpcalc/...
>
> TW

Thank you for the offer, but past experience with other websites and
discussion groups is that nobody goes there. The right place for a
program to be is hpcalc.org and the right group for calculator
discussions is here. If Eric is busy at the moment, I think we should
all respectfully wait for him. Maybe I shouldn't have made the
announcement until Eric made the program available, but I just
couldn't wait...

Claudio

From: Damir on
On 31 Mar 2007 11:34:16 -0700, "Claudio Lapilli"
<pleasedontspam(a)isp.com> wrote:

>On Mar 31, 1:32 am, "TW" <timwess...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Would you consider meanwhile also uploading it
>> > to some "free file host" and posting its URL here?
>> > That might expedite things until Eric has time
>> > to catch up with all that's been piled up
>> > in his Inbox and the "upload queue."
>>
>> I think he just doesn't update frequently simply because not many
>> people are uploading things. Anyway, for a temporary solution I've
>> setup an ftp account for anyone wanting to post HPcalc related stuff.
>> We'll see how long it works without anyone abusing it.
>>
>> ftp.pssllc.com
>> user:hpcalc
>> pass:hpcalc
>>
>> Access the files bywww.pssllc.com/hpcalc/...
>>
>> TW
>
>Thank you for the offer, but past experience with other websites and
>discussion groups is that nobody goes there. The right place for a
>program to be is hpcalc.org and the right group for calculator
>discussions is here. If Eric is busy at the moment, I think we should
>all respectfully wait for him. Maybe I shouldn't have made the
>announcement until Eric made the program available, but I just
>couldn't wait...
>
>Claudio

:(