From: liquidator on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Joe Kotroczo wrote:
>
> > "CJ" wrote:
> > > "Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote

> > > BTW The first word in your note should be spelled you're, not "your".
> >
> > What note?
>
> You didn't get the jpeg ?
>
> Some news servers honour small binary attachments under 30k Uuencoded but
> not all do. It's covered in the charters too, so I'm not guilty of abuse.
>
> I'll post the higher res version in alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
>
> Hope you have access to that.
>
> Graham

Graham- originally binaries were allowed in all groups. the binaries began
to overwhelm small servers. The compromise created the binaries groups, and
binaries should be restricted to them only. This compromise post-dates and
trumps the charters, yes you ARE guilty of abuse.

I am surprised you do not know more about Usenet history than that.

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> "Eeyore" wrote
> > Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> > > What note?
> >
> > You didn't get the jpeg ?
> >
> > Some news servers honour small binary attachments under 30k Uuencoded but
> > not all do. It's covered in the charters too, so I'm not guilty of abuse.
> >
> > I'll post the higher res version in alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
> >
> > Hope you have access to that.
>
> Graham- originally binaries were allowed in all groups. the binaries began
> to overwhelm small servers. The compromise created the binaries groups, and
> binaries should be restricted to them only. This compromise post-dates and
> trumps the charters, yes you ARE guilty of abuse.
>
> I am surprised you do not know more about Usenet history than that.

You are certainly incorrect as regards the sci.hierarchy that I have carefully
studied. Binary files of up to 30kB Uuencoded size are allowable within the
charters.

This is merely an alt group. Anything goes that gets through the servers.

I do keep file sizes small of course as you will see if you got it.

The binary groups are for BIG binary files.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> Newer agreements trumps older ones, your charter argument is therefore
> bullshit.

Please show me a charter that prohibits the posting of binaries such as I
described in THIS group and I will very willingly apologise. The exemption I
mentioned is actually btw intentional in order to be helpful.

Thanks, Graham

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> I'm not trying to be mean- but you are doing some incredibly offensive
> things, then repeating them over and over even when asked to stop.

I dare you to tell that to Phildo, who is the primary cause of all this.

Graham

From: Rupert on
On Oct 8, 5:16 am, Eeyore <rabbitsfriendsandrelati...(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:
> The number's changed now btw.
>
>  pip 16kB.jpg
> 21KViewDownload

I gotta say, it's pretty classless for you to be posting a personal
note like that on a public usenet group in what is a blatant attempt
to get your ego stroked. I'm sure the girl who wrote that wouldn't
think very highly of it. How about we get this group back on topic?

Rupert
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: What mic likely?