From: Michael Dobony on
Went to a Branson show last night. They did a poor job of bringing up the
vocals, hiding them just under the guitars and piano. I couldn't identify
the lyrics of a number songs. Then there was the quartet. Three singers
had what appeared to be AKG wireless mics, but the bass singer had a wired
mic I have never seen before. It was thinner than his thumb and almost the
entire length fit in his hand, about a half inch above his hand and part of
the jack was covered by his pinky finger. Any guesses what it might have
been?

Mike D.
From: Peter Larsen on
Michael Dobony wrote:

> Went to a Branson show last night. They did a poor job of bringing
> up the vocals, hiding them just under the guitars and piano. I
> couldn't identify the lyrics of a number songs. Then there was the
> quartet. Three singers had what appeared to be AKG wireless mics,
> but the bass singer had a wired mic I have never seen before. It was
> thinner than his thumb and almost the entire length fit in his hand,
> about a half inch above his hand and part of the jack was covered by
> his pinky finger. Any guesses what it might have been?

AKG condensor is my guess. Strange choice for a hand-held, it is designed
for use on pulpits, ie. at some distance from mouth.

> Mike D.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

From: Mike Dobony on
On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 15:08:13 +0100, Peter Larsen wrote:

> Michael Dobony wrote:
>
>> Went to a Branson show last night. They did a poor job of bringing
>> up the vocals, hiding them just under the guitars and piano. I
>> couldn't identify the lyrics of a number songs. Then there was the
>> quartet. Three singers had what appeared to be AKG wireless mics,
>> but the bass singer had a wired mic I have never seen before. It was
>> thinner than his thumb and almost the entire length fit in his hand,
>> about a half inch above his hand and part of the jack was covered by
>> his pinky finger. Any guesses what it might have been?
>
> AKG condensor is my guess. Strange choice for a hand-held, it is designed
> for use on pulpits, ie. at some distance from mouth.

Extreme close micing. Never more than an inch from his mouth and often
less than that.

From: geoff on
Michael Dobony wrote:
> Went to a Branson show last night. They did a poor job of bringing
> up the vocals, hiding them just under the guitars and piano. I
> couldn't identify the lyrics of a number songs. Then there was the
> quartet. Three singers had what appeared to be AKG wireless mics,
> but the bass singer had a wired mic I have never seen before. It was
> thinner than his thumb and almost the entire length fit in his hand,
> about a half inch above his hand and part of the jack was covered by
> his pinky finger. Any guesses what it might have been?

AKG C535 ?

geoff

From: Michael Dobony on
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:28:23 +1200, geoff wrote:

> AKG C535

Nope, no ball at the end. Pure pencil mic, closer to a SM81 in black and
straight and shorter.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: Allen & Heath GL4000 meter pod issue
Next: For Phildo