From: Eeyore on

Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> "Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote:
>
> >> The current production AKG C451B is 160mm long. That's 6.3 inches.
> >>
> >> http://www.akg.com/mediendatenbank2/psfile/datei/49/C451B4055c23f6aa5f.pdf
> >>
> >> The old C451EB was the same length (159mm) without capsule, the C451E was
> >> shorter.
> >
> > I know which is why I cancelled the post as soon as I'd sent it. I was
> > getting it confused with the C430s I'd been using the night before.
>
> Cancelling doesn't work on individual.net AFAIK.

Cancels work very rarely these days. Some servers won't even acknowledge them.
Even if they do, you have to be damn fast before the peering passes it on to
other servers and then it's off and away.

Graham

From: liquidator on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Joe Kotroczo wrote:

http://www.akg.com/mediendatenbank2/psfile/datei/49/C451B4055c23f6aa5f.pdf

> > > I know which is why I cancelled the post as soon as I'd sent it. I was
> > > getting it confused with the C430s I'd been using the night before.
> >
> > Cancelling doesn't work on individual.net AFAIK.
>
> Cancels work very rarely these days. Some servers won't even acknowledge
them.
> Even if they do, you have to be damn fast before the peering passes it on
> other servers and then it's off and away.
>
> Graham

Some servers accept cancels, some don't.

Many of the University servers ets. will. Most commercial ones not.

The problem is, the message rrapidly propagates beyond your server. Once
that happens, there is no way to get it off the ones that do not accept
cancels...and the ones that get their feeds from them. Many small services
get their feeds from large services.

Usenet is a pretty Rube Goldberg kind of affair.

From: Eeyore on

liquidator wrote:

> "Eeyore" wrote
> >
> > Cancels work very rarely these days. Some servers won't even acknowledge
> > them. Even if they do, you have to be damn fast before the peering passes it
> on
> > to other servers and then it's off and away.
>
> Some servers accept cancels, some don't.

True.

> Many of the University servers ets. will. Most commercial ones not.
>
> The problem is, the message rrapidly propagates beyond your server. Once
> that happens, there is no way to get it off the ones that do not accept
> cancels...and the ones that get their feeds from them.

Exactly.

> Many small services get their feeds from large services.
>
> Usenet is a pretty Rube Goldberg kind of affair.

It works surprisingly well though.

Graham

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 25/09/08 1:04, in article 1ecwd5ngxw2tv.shojqyrs7gw6$.dlg(a)40tude.net,
"Mike Dobony" <sword(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote:

(...)
>> I bought it for a
>> ridiculously low price but checked and it wasn't on FWO Bauch's stolen or
>> missing register.
>>
>> Graham
>
> Did a search on FWO Bauch's, but came up totally empty. Please enlighten
> me!

I think they were the UK importers of Neumann. Gotham are (were?) the US
importers, and they kept (keep?) a list of stolen Neumann products too,
AFAIK.

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: Peter Larsen on
Mike Dobony wrote:

>>> Went to a Branson show last night. They did a poor job of bringing
>>> up the vocals, hiding them just under the guitars and piano. I
>>> couldn't identify the lyrics of a number songs. Then there was the
>>> quartet. Three singers had what appeared to be AKG wireless mics,
>>> but the bass singer had a wired mic I have never seen before. It
>>> was thinner than his thumb and almost the entire length fit in his
>>> hand, about a half inch above his hand and part of the jack was
>>> covered by his pinky finger. Any guesses what it might have been?

[ I wrote ]

>> AKG condensor is my guess. Strange choice for a hand-held, it is
>> designed for use on pulpits, ie. at some distance from mouth.

It was the C747 that came to mind based on the description, see:

http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslave,id,243,pid,243,nodeid,2,_language,EN.html

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Prev: Allen & Heath GL4000 meter pod issue
Next: For Phildo