From: RichA on
"I, (whomever) will not post sized-reduced shots when attempting to
demonstrate noise-handling characteristics of cameras. Because I know
that it means absolutely NOTHING when I do. Further, I will NOT post
shots concerning noise when I leave Photo Shops default 25% chroma
noise reduction ON during raw processing!"

Thank you.

From: egbert_no_bacon on
On Dec 19, 12:02 am, RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> "I, (whomever) will not post sized-reduced shots when attempting to
> demonstrate noise-handling characteristics of cameras.  Because I know
> that it means absolutely NOTHING when I do.  Further, I will NOT post
> shots concerning noise when I leave Photo Shops default 25% chroma
> noise reduction ON during raw processing!"
>
> Thank you.

i will try my bestest not to do so in future

sorry for any raw deal
From: Ray Fischer on
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>"I, (whomever) will not post sized-reduced shots when attempting to
>demonstrate noise-handling characteristics of cameras. Because I know
>that it means absolutely NOTHING when I do. Further, I will NOT post
>shots concerning noise when I leave Photo Shops default 25% chroma
>noise reduction ON during raw processing!"

Similarly, the materials used to construct the camera have nothing to
do with the quality of the images it produces.

Right?

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Rich on
rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote in news:4b2c3837$0$1619
$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net:

> RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>"I, (whomever) will not post sized-reduced shots when attempting to
>>demonstrate noise-handling characteristics of cameras. Because I know
>>that it means absolutely NOTHING when I do. Further, I will NOT post
>>shots concerning noise when I leave Photo Shops default 25% chroma
>>noise reduction ON during raw processing!"
>
> Similarly, the materials used to construct the camera have nothing to
> do with the quality of the images it produces.
>
> Right?

I'd agree with that except for two possible exceptions. Some users of
Nikon's D80 and D90 have reported intermittent focusing issues with
heavier lenses like the 17-55mm. This could very well be the result of
body flexture since no other cause has been isolated and the same problem
has not been seen with the D300. But, not many D90 owners are willing to
pay for a 17-55mm so the problem is not a hugely important one. Second,
plastic bodies, black ones, heat up much faster and hotter than black
metal bodies when exposed to the sun. This can lead to higher noise
levels due to the temperature of the sensor being higher, but testing
this possibility is needed with each camera. Additionally, you have to
use these plastic bodies within the realm of their capabilities, which
for Canon and Nikon mean in fair weather (neither has a water-resistent
plastic body).
From: nospam on
In article <s6qdna7SpdE_3bHWnZ2dnUVZ_g-dnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Rich
<none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:

> I'd agree with that except for two possible exceptions. Some users of
> Nikon's D80 and D90 have reported intermittent focusing issues with
> heavier lenses like the 17-55mm. This could very well be the result of
> body flexture since no other cause has been isolated and the same problem
> has not been seen with the D300. But, not many D90 owners are willing to
> pay for a 17-55mm so the problem is not a hugely important one.

nonsense. the chassis is metal.

> Second,
> plastic bodies, black ones, heat up much faster and hotter than black
> metal bodies when exposed to the sun.

metal will heat up and conduct it to the internals of the camera faster
than plastic will.

> This can lead to higher noise
> levels due to the temperature of the sensor being higher, but testing
> this possibility is needed with each camera.

have you actually measured the temperature on the sensor? thought not.

> Additionally, you have to
> use these plastic bodies within the realm of their capabilities, which
> for Canon and Nikon mean in fair weather (neither has a water-resistent
> plastic body).

low end cameras, metal or plastic, are not usually weather sealed and
most people don't generally shoot in the rain anyway. buy a plastic bag
if you're that worried.