From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:48b0272e$0$7342$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > For years I've used, and have been happy with a free program called
> > SmartFTP.
> > Yesterday this program wouldn't work on all 3 computers and I was
> > taken to their website with this message:
> >
> > "Unfortunately, after offering a free product and a free service to
> > millions of users for more than 10 years we are no longer able to do
> > so. We would like to thank you for using SmartFTP and we hope to
> > welcome you as a customer in the future. Thank you for your
> > understanding."
> >
> > Bull-Cockie.
> > They're making an existing program on my machine(s) to not work so I
> > can purchase the license. I think this stinks. I could see if it were
> > a new release but to render older software useless after YEARS of use
> > is bullshit.
> >
> > So I found an older version amongst my files and it does work.....for
> > free. But it's an older build with a few nats and niggles....but it
> > DOES work. I've also found a few more old versions on the net, but I'm
> > a little leery about their source.
> > Any recommendations of free FTP programs out there that you're happy
> > with?
>
> What bullshit. I use WS_FTP95LE, which I believe is this same file.
>
> http://www.pagematic.com/faq/ws_ftp.html
>
> PS. I don't know who this site is, so be sure to scan the file to make
> sure it's clean.

Just downloaded it, scanned it for viruses which there were none, and it
works great!

Thanks Glennbo and Larry!

Poly

From: Sue Morton on
I used SmartFTP forever, too, and was sorry when they went fully commercial.
I have some pretty complex needs for an FTP client, and I looked at dozens
of freeware and comparably-priced pay for products to replace it. SmartFTP
still won out for what I need it to do.

I took the gamble they'll be around for three years and continue to provide
good support (my support experience has been excellent so far), so I bought
the product with the 3-year maintenance plan (full upgrade/renewal/support
option) for $70 -- less than $25 a year for a product I use heavily most
days each week.

If my needs were far simpler and/or I used the product less frequently, I
probably would not have purchased and would have lived with a less desirable
solution.

FWIW.
--
Sue Morton

From: polymod on
Thanks for the input Sue!
I'm still able to use an older version of SmartFTP along with the one that
Larry and Glennbo recommended.
All is well in Polyland :)

Poly

From: Steve Karl on

"polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in message news:48b03c91$0$7322$607ed4bc(a)cv.net...

> "larrymcg" <larry_mcgowan(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> I am happy using the FireFTP extension for Firefox. I used to use the
>> free standalone program WS_FTP95 LE but it's more convenient to do the
>> FTP right out of a tab in Firefox.
>> --Larry
>
> Thanks Larry. I think I saw the standalone version as a download somewhere.
> I'll check it out.
>
> Appreciate the help.
>
> Larry :-)

If you can't find WS let me know. I have it.

Steve

From: Ricky Hunt on
"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:48b0272e$0$7342$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> What bullshit. I use WS_FTP95LE, which I believe is this same file.
>
> http://www.pagematic.com/faq/ws_ftp.html

That's what I use too. Or just plain old Windows sometimes if I don't need
anything fancy. For those who don't know you can just type in
ftp://upload.mchsi.com (or ftp://100.200. etc.) in IE. It will handle most
FTP needs but I still use WS FTP95LE most of the time.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: 1930s Gibson Acoustic Guitar
Next: Free Rapture Presets